diamond ore processing sluice ideas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan1981 said:
Tathradj said:

Thanks mate, some good info there, Im thinking of a setup as follows,

Some sort of soaking tub that can hold a few tons at a time, that flow into a trommel.

That then feeds into the HB or 2 to separate out and catch GOLD ,and then classify to 1 inch and 1/4 inch material,

Then though vibrating jigs and thats where im stuck, and need some advise on how to set this part up.

I have seen on youtube ppl using a pulsating jig that has two upside down plunger type things that sit on a cam/ bar running off a motor, not sure where id find that sort of boot/plunger-

And another idea is to set up a high wall box with riffles at 90ish degrees to catch the heavies, this box would sit on springs (car)? and then some sort of vibrator attached to it,to assist the settling of said heavies.

Whats are you're thoughts guys
Cheers
Ryan
I reckon if in NSW your gonna need a lease! The same rules apply for private property or public land & your definitely heading outside of fossicking or hobby prospecting there.

Ryan1981 said:
Thanks mate, some good info there, Im thinking of a setup as follows,

...soaking tub... :|

...trommel... :eek:

...vibrating jigs... 8)

...pulsating jig... :(

...high wall box ... sit on springs (car)? ... vibrator attached ... 8.(

Whats are you're thoughts guys
Cheers
Ryan

A bit over what I thought you intended.

My thoughts are you should get a mining lease. There's a lot of illegality in that lot particularly as a fossiker.
Jon

Jon,
LOL Im a bit far away from that yet, at this stage it will still be prospecting, with a shovel ect ect.

A small scale proof of concept HBer for tests is what im starting with,
and when and (IF) the time comes for High production, its just a simple matter of scaling it up to suit.

Cheers
Ryan

Latest posts