detecting around rushworth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a property in the Rushworth area and I want to start doing some detecting in the Rushworth/Whroo area and I am seeking some advice. I want to detect around miners holes and the mullock heaps but I fear most of the gold has been taken by previous people with detectors. The state forest has many dry creeks away from the mining area, is it worth detecting these creeks? Also would it be worth detecting ground away from diggings but still within the vicinity of the diggings.

Thanks

HI creeks in gold field yes they carry gold but the big problem is the creek being the lowest spot all the rubbish ends up in them but if you have the plenty of time you may be lucky. Mullock heaps using a SDC you will most likely find small gold, detect on the slopes and gullies regards john :)

Hi summit I was in Rushworth/whroo area on friday and tried around one of the creeks and mullock heaps and as John said too much junk :) I ended up moving up the hill a little and hardly any junk but I didn't get any yella yet ;)

Latest posts