Cyclones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One Death reported so far... And a 14yo girl missing after her and her Father left their car in Floodwater... He was rescued after clinging to a tree, but no sign of the Daughter.. :(

Mt Kanigan on Silvers 2nd pic.... 649.8mm of rain in the past 24hrs.... :eek: :/

LW...

LoneWolf said:
One Death reported so far... And a 14yo girl missing after her and her Father left their car in Floodwater... He was rescued after clinging to a tree, but no sign of the Daughter.. :(

Mt Kanigan on Silvers 2nd pic.... 649.8mm of rain in the past 24hrs.... :eek: :/

LW...
The weather bureau said "you'll probably never see rain like this again in your lifetime" let's hope they're right. 8.(

wasn't good RM
bad accident 100 meters from my place ,old bloke stopped because of water over the road and some clown in a 4x4 rear ended him 100km plus ,hit him that hard that both rear wheels were exposed at the rear ,they had to cut him out of the little hatch back
old mate was not in a good way ,then the ambos would not drive through the water ,so i walked through it to them and said it is ok to drive over there ,but rules are rules so one of them grabbed a bag and came back with me to check old mate out
the water over the road there will only ever get about 3 inches deep ,the ambo said it looked a lot worse than it is
there is a sign that says water over the road but that's it not even depth markers :/
i hope old mate made it but it did not look good for him

LoneWolf said:

LW...
Yeah sad young bloke that died in ute, worked at Grain Store in Glenwood. Lovely young man gone way to soon sadly. :flowers:

Next

1641705971_screenshot_20220109-144534_samsung_internet.jpg

Mackka said:
Was it Schmokey or Sand Surfer that helped, Well Done mate.
Mackka

Yes My Bad. :rolleyes: ..... Well done Sand Surfer... :clap: :clap:

But im sure Schmokey did something good lately as well... :Y: :)

People were warned a week before that this rain event was coming ... If you want to live in QLD, you need to understand Cyclones and just what an EX-TC is capable of... We went through an Ex TC in Mackay years ago, and got 1200mm of rain in 48hrs... Learnt our lesson in that one.. :argh:

Cousin at north of Tiaro has lost everything including a brand New Car and 8 Breeding dogs. :brokenh:

.. She Can't get anywhere near her place for at least 3-4 days... :(

LW...

She is Hoping that her Dogs are ok, but they were in pens and with water over the roof of her new (3 weeks old) car, I know they are gone... :brokenh:

Goody is also up there and is trapped at her Friends place at Childers till Tuesday.... :argh:

LW...