Customers are NOT ALWAYS RIGHT - And I will call a spade a spade.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngerManagement

Repairs + X-pointers
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Got an e-mail on Sunday from e-bay buyer.

I left midday 5th to go west detecting... And called in and posted an item at the PO...

USER " I bought and paid this item on the 5th, I can see that you haven't posted yet, there is any problem? I am not happy."

ME: That I would check in detail, once back at the office; as nothing was outstanding in e-bay and if from Feb, then I was very sorry. If from March 5th, then 3 days is the handle time and express post was defined by Au Post and out of my duty of care.

USER " I sent you a message asking you the reason why you haven't post the item yet, on your listing you said that will be posted express post, you send a message in response that is unreadable, don't kid with me, I am not happy "

ME:

Check your Hotmail account You were advised on Friday 4hrs after lodgement. R44557902xxxxx

Reference number was sent and the items was posted same day = Top response.

A:

Items showing "eBay FAST 'N FREE" have an estimated delivery time of 4 business days or less. eBay FAST 'N FREE is our proprietary method of estimating delivery times based on the buyer's proximity to the item location, the postage service selected, the seller's postage history, and other factors. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods.

B:

Handling time - Help on handling time. 3 Business Days

If you select a longer handling time, please note that buyers will be notified of the longer handling time when they view your item.

Thus sold on the 5th and 3 business days to manage and to get to the Post office. If not lodged at the post office, then NO tracking.

Thus I did not have to post until Monday afternoon. The weekend is not business days.

Your threats and statements of NOT HAPPY ARE Insulting and totally un founded.

NOTE:

Please do not open the item on its arrival return to sender ASAP (standard post $7:20) and I will refund the postage and full purchase price, once I see it has not been opened.

If you keep the unit; it is your decision and I offer no support as it has been kept by you after I have requested it to be returned.

So to Mister NOT HAPPY E-bay user - Check you facts before you start shouting and demanding things that your are not eligible for.

If it has nothing to do with a PA forum member, an explanation of shipping terms for any future customers would have sufficed vs the rant. I understand the frustration as an ebay seller, but this is entirely an issue between yourself and the purchaser, and not with any of us.

Goldpick said:
If it has nothing to do with a PA forum member, an explanation of shipping terms for any future customers would have sufficed vs the rant. I understand the frustration as an ebay seller, but this is entirely an issue between yourself and the purchaser, and not with any of us.

Understood... But if it was clear that it was a member; I would have taken it up directly with them...

And it is true statement; that the issue around Shipping and Handling days needs to be addressed and understood by ALL parties.

And both Buyers and Sellers need to be aware, that there are differences that may not be clear AND that working days; does not usually include Weekends.

It also goes to further show that by jumping the gun and trying to bluff or bully many sellers, the buyer should first take the softly road and confirm the status of things; before starting to point the finger and or complain and threaten bad feedback.

For those that understand and or pretend to under stand and give a little bit, I will go the extra mile and some times include a little extra... Should there be an issue where I could have had; some ability to manage.

For those that DEMAND and or EXPECT that goods can travel at e-mail or TXT speed and think that a threat of bad feedback is going to get them what they want... Not going to happen..... Go else where, I do not need your few $$$

A good Buy and Sell relationship is dependent on some level of trust and respect...

But trying to play the heavy hand and more, so after only a day or two... Is not going to cement a solid long term working relationship...

The problem with Ebay these days is that the seller has a lot less rights or protection from wayward buyers than in the past, and the customer has pretty much every advantage falling their way, and they know it and play for all it is worth. Even when they do threaten bad feedback when not happy (whether right or wrong), ebay seems pretty disinterested in dealing with the matter. I have only ever had one bad feedback in over 650 transactions, and much like your experience, the buyer was at fault due to not reading my conditions of sale, yet ebay would not retract the bad feedback.

There are some buyers that will never be satisfied, no matter how nice you are to them, how well you stipulate conditions in your description, or whether you try to go out of your way to remedy the situation. In the end I just wore the bad feedback rather than putting up with any more frustration with both ebay and the buyer, my feedback was back to 100% not too long after that.

Offering a refund to an unsatisfied or problematic buyer is about all you can do, I did the same but was still left with negative feedback after the fact, despite being in the right according to ebay policies, and clearly displaying terms of shipping and sale in my listing. There are a few bad apples out there, but it's not the end of the world. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts