CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That nearly $100.00 in the last 2 hunts :p but who's counting :Y:

What is that monster 17" coil hanging off besides you 8)

Goldies and florins, doesn't get any better than that! How was the florin positioned in the hole, on edge or was it simply a deep faint target? :)

Goldpick said:
Goldies and florins, doesn't get any better than that! How was the florin positioned in the hole, on edge or was it simply a deep faint target? :)

Not too sure GP as it came out in a scoop of dirt, it was quite deep though. I reckon I might have discounted it previously as a BB as I have swung over that spot before, I'm getting better at picking the BB's from silver and I had a good feeling this time that it was a silver as the ferrous numbers stayed around 11-13 not jumping up to 17 like a BB would. Still my method is not 100% accurate but it works most of the time and especially well with 2c coins.

I showed Ramjet this methed on the CTX when he and Rocket met me down here a while back, RJ said it's working for him too and can call most BB's before digging them now.

The goldies at this spot replenish quickly too, it's a spot where a local school take the kids to for their lunch and they all sit on the grass there in about a 30m x 30m area, kids really do lose quite a bit of money. :D

Slim pickings at Manly beach today, around the Nth Steyne area.... :N:

1497589232_20170616_145457.jpg

1497589232_20170616_145514.jpg

Goldpick said:
Stirling steel ring, damned cheapskates. :D

Exactly right mate, should have seen my face screw up when I read stainless steel. Was shaking it in my hand at first and I thought, hmmm too light for gold, doh, too light for silver, then I was like aaaarrrrggghhh noooooo. :D

Oh well hopefully better luck next time.

Chocolates to boiled lollies....Dug a similar sweet tone earlier this week for a thick stainless washer. :mad: ...At least yours is wearable! Knowing your tallies Heatho your bad hunt has been ticked off, and on to the next honey hole.

Ahh nice hunting Heatho , ring looks good , what number did the stainless steel come up as ? Could also be tungsten . smashing the golden circles and florins 8) 8)

Danny13 said:
Ahh nice hunting Heatho , ring looks good , what number did the stainless steel come up as ? Could also be tungsten . smashing the golden circles and florins 8) 8)

Hey Dan, nah it's stainless steel, says so on the hallmark. :D Signal was 12:08.

OldGT said:
Chocolates to boiled lollies....Dug a similar sweet tone earlier this week for a thick stainless washer. :mad: ...At least yours is wearable! Knowing your tallies Heatho your bad hunt has been ticked off, and on to the next honey hole.

Here's hoping, gotta have a bad hunt once in a while. :)

Latest posts