CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.

Dan I was using the 11" today as the park is sort medium to high trash, the 17" is a bit unworkable at this place. That shilling was pretty deep too, so there's no worries about depth with the 11". The ring was an interesting signal as well, was 01:48-49 in the ground and 01:47-48 in air tests, I don't usually dig targets that start with 01: as I found a bit of junk digging those early on owning the CTX. Will have to now reconsider this approach.......

Heatho said:
Thanks guys.

Dan I was using the 11" today as the park is sort medium to high trash, the 17" is a bit unworkable at this place. That shilling was pretty deep too, so there's no worries about depth with the 11". The ring was an interesting signal as well, was 01:48-49 in the ground and 01:47-48 in air tests, I don't usually dig targets that start with 01: as I found a bit of junk digging those early on owning the CTX. Will have to now reconsider this approach.......
interesting Heatho , I wonder how the rings were configured in the ground ? It still had 48ish after the one which is close enough to silver. I have seen other ctx detectorists pick up rings with 1 or 35 as the first 2 numbers .

Cashed in my shrappo today. Thought there would be more but have been digging lots of coins under 50c to get onto the jewellery. Still a result I'm happy with though.

1495601563_20170524_144403.jpg

Thanks fellas, feeling slightly richer for sure. Will come in handy as I might be getting another car tomorrow since my last one was written off. The damage didn't look that bad but must have been better dead than alive to the insurance company.

Goodbye BF XR6, hello FG XR6 Turbo. :D

Wow...can't believe they wrote it off :eek: oh well time for an upgrade......New from Ford let me know I have high connections ;)
Edit ....nice paper work :lol:

Heatho said:

My Bro in law had run a wreckers for fords a few years ago. Really not a lot of value in them. People would show up with a falcon with 3 or 4 months rego and he would just say he wasn't interested. Sometimes they would just hand him the keys and walk away. I used to enjoy spending a day or 3 with him, pulling out motors and gear boxes and talking shit about women. Back in my drinking days so i would have a bottle of bourbon through the day. 8.( :8

The shop next door was set on fire and he had to vacate while they rebuilt it all so he decided to close shop. We took most of his inventory to the scrap yards.

B5MECH said:
Wow...can't believe they wrote it off :eek: oh well time for an upgrade......New from Ford let me know I have high connections ;)
Edit ....nice paper work :lol:

Yeah me either, they may have found suspension damage. Nah just second hand mate but yeah definitely a big upgrade. :Y: :)

Ramjet said:
Heatho said:

My Bro in law had run a wreckers for fords a few years ago. Really not a lot of value in them. People would show up with a falcon with 3 or 4 months rego and he would just say he wasn't interested. Sometimes they would just hand him the keys and walk away. I used to enjoy spending a day or 3 with him, pulling out motors and gear boxes and talking shite about women. Back in my drinking days so i would have a bottle of bourbon through the day. 8.( :8

The shop next door was set on fire and he had to vacate while they rebuilt it all so he decided to close shop. We took most of his inventory to the scrap yards.

:) :Y:

No they generally don't hold their value mate, makes them great for buying second hand though as the i6 Barra engines are excellent and will go forever if looked after properly. The FG Turbo has plenty of get up and go. :D