CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again fellas, pretty sure the stones are real Dan, most likely small round brilliant emeralds, will take it down to Kingsolomon"s place next time I catch up with him for a beer, it's great having a mate who is a gemologist. :)

Seems to be plenty of goldies too GP, it's weird too as I was sure I had done this spot...... Some are recent drops but most are quite dirty, I'm sure I couldn't have missed that many. The area has flooded a few times over the past 8 months, maybe they got dirty in the flood?? Most coins were near sunbaking so I guess that is probably the case. I detected that area probably longer ago than 8 months.

Continuing on from yesterday, same spot, nearly all these coins were on the surface or just under it. $40.60, 2 x half penny's, 1 x penny and 1 x sixpence. Not a bad hunt at all, was hoping for more jewellery..... oh well maybe next time.

1487472654_20170219_132901.jpg

Thanks fellas, the coins have really built up again there very quickly, there are a lot of school sports carnivals there, weekly school sports and weekend sports, easily a couple of thousand people a week would go there, it's a very busy oval.

They aren't too dirty Dan, no corrosion at all, just gave them a wash in tapwater and tossed them in my ice cream container. Most will go through the commonwealth bank coin counting machine no worries, any bent or damaged ones just come out at the reject slot and I just hand them in at the counter when I hand them the printed ticket from the machine.

Enough goldies there to buy your own jewellery collection Heatho, can't believe how quick the area replenishes. :)

Fresh from the wishing well :eek: :Y: Nice Heatho :rolleyes: going to have to get me finding boots on to keep up with you guys :lol: :lol:

Cheers again fellas, yeah they keep popping up like mushrooms. The 17" coil allows me to cover so much ground, I think that has got a bit to do with getting these decent totals.

Danny13 said:
Thanks Heatho , will cash mine in this week ! Got good news on the gold bangle I found confirmed 6.3 karats of diamonds , confirmed 22 karat gold , just waiting on a certificate of certification so I can insure its value . Very happy

That's good it's been authenticated, to be honest I was a bit suss on those stones, but if it's been tested and proven then all I can say is awesome mate!

Hit the ol' honey hole again yesterday and continued on, it ended up being just about my worst hunt ever, got a lot of junk, 1x penny and about $2.50.

Can't work out why the 2 days before were so good and why such a large concentration of coins were there and no where else. This hobby can really leave you wondering sometimes.

Today I decided to do my favourite surf beach and did much better, I cleaned this spot out several weeks ago and it had replenished well in that time. Second target was a chunky 925 ring, then plenty of goldies after that, also got a 925 earing and a New Zealand threepence as well. Was really hoping for gold and digging every target but it is eluding me for the time being.

1487650193_20170221_140533.jpg

1487650193_20170221_143854.jpg

1487650193_20170221_143954.jpg

1487650194_20170221_144013.jpg

Thanks Dan, it's a Michael Hill ring so most likely a CZ, almost thought it was white gold when it came out buuut the signal of 12:47 gave it away as sterling.

Latest posts