CTX 3030 Adventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm limited to public transport/walking with not having a car while in Sydney (here for a few more years). But if I could find parks in my area as amazing as yours, Dejan... I'd be pretty darn pleased! Any tips as far as what to look out for (yet to find any gold or silver with my ctx)

Six maps is your best fiend mate

Research pays off heaps, it's the only reason why I find so much

Trove is also a good tool as you can find meeting places.

Very nice indeedy, looks like your research is paying dividends in a big way, one couldn't ask for more than silver and gold on the same hunt. :)

I wonder if there is a Six maps version for SA?

I don't know Goldpick.

Usually the councils have aerial photos on their websites.

There are parish maps plus look up historical photographs of towns.

The trove newspapers will give you specific papers that were published in certain towns from the mid 1800 to late 1900

Type in keywords like fairs, fetes, shows, agricultural society, horse racing, fund raisers, balls.

I have now shared all of my secrets.

Go out and find those sovereigns

Remember that old mining towns and race tracks are where most sovereigns were lost and found.

Pull down your machine Mr C and knap sack it for the public transport trips,... practice the pull down and setup until you have it down pat,.. then all your research and a public transport trip later, and, BINGO, your onto a well researched winner , pulling in the old treasures like nobodies business,.. then a quick pull down and pack up and you are on your Public transport way home with a pocket full of what the best research can provide(Old Australian Treasure Stashes {OATS}). Starting to sound like an adventure movie already. Time to slip out and find your OATS Mr C.
MrCornford said:
I'm limited to public transport/walking with not having a car while in Sydney (here for a few more years). But if I could find parks in my area as amazing as yours, Dejan... I'd be pretty darn pleased! Any tips as far as what to look out for (yet to find any gold or silver with my ctx)

That's exactly what I do for going to the beach, it's a bus trip away and I'm finding goodies. For other places I'm limited to when I can go out. My schedule is 6 days a week and often 9am-11pm so I'm almost exlusively a night hunter.

Found a 1946 shilling in a local park last night and am stoked.

Love to find some more OATS! Fantastic acronym!

G'day All,

Targeted hunt today for 1.5hrs at a POI

$20.20 in spendables

1912 and 1922 George V Pennies
1951 and 1952 x 2 George VI Pennies
1888 English Penny
1916 and 1921 x 2 George V Half Pennies
1942 and 1961 George VI Half Pennies
1900 and 1904 English Half Pennies
1921 Threepence
1953 Shilling

George VI Pendant

Silver elephant ring

Not as much as I expected but the place is huge and I'm sure the more will come.

Until next time
1425807855_dsc03278.jpg

1425807855_dsc03279.jpg

1425807855_dsc03280.jpg

1425807855_dsc03281.jpg

Well done mate ... Not bad for 1-1/2 hrs thats for sure
There must not be very much rubbish at this site , or are you running a fair bit of discrimination
What is the token?

Not bad at all, certainly looks like your new spot has some very good potential, I'm sure we'll see many more finds from there in the future. :)

Thanks Sandra.

I would have dug at least 60 holes.

One find was a square bit of metal. Gave it a good rub to see if there was a kookaburra but it was only junk.

Just wanted to get away before the heat started.

Latest posts