Wanderlust....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabwoody

Darren
Reaction score
Hi all....due to a work accident aggravating my shoulder I had a forced month and a bit absence from detecting, very frustrating (suffered with wander lust). Have been looking at/commenting on the great posts.Finally, I was given the "all clear" and started with three park hunts looking for goldies....net result $94 and some bits of jewellery that fell in the open section of the screen. The band is stamped 925 11, but it is very light and tarnishes on my finger (nickel/German silver?). The silver ring with the amethyst coloured stone was black, squashed and horseshoe shaped when I found it but I managed to get it back into a half decent shape. The heart pendant feels heavy (pewter?). On the week-end I decided to give the shoulder a proper go using the scoop. After a few hours I had a pile of sinkers, some bullets, my first mobile phone (an old Nokia), a key, an unknown item stamped with "WANDERLUST" (my wife cracked up laughing and suggested it might be a winder for a sex toy, pre-battery era. Then she thought it might be a bottle opener and wanted to know if she could try it to open a cider stubby), a 1936 Aust. Penny, then three of my oldest coins - 1885 English Half Penny, 1883 English Six Pence, 1870 English Penny....all in all a great session, and the shoulder held up. Awesome!
1410221185_beach_1.jpg

1410221185_beach_2.jpg

1410221185_beach_3.jpg

1410221185_beach_4.jpg

The key like thing I think could be of an old kero lamp. I have a kero lamp that is nearly the same it is used turned to increase length of wick. I'd also suggest trying to google it name wanderlust.
You have some Nice finds well done.

dave14110 said:
The key like thing I think could be of an old kero lamp. I have a kero lamp that is nearly the same it is used turned to increase length of wick. I'd also suggest trying to google it name wanderlust.
You have some Nice finds well done.

Looks like a key from a medieval chastity belt :p nice finds there.