Cryptocurrency mega thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Inside job maybe? Anyway what a huge theft, just goes to show how insecure these traders/exchanges are.

Has to be a really dumb exchange to store the coin in a "Hot Wallet", even after being warned by the currency creators to implement their 'Cold Wallet" system. Probably the shake up some exchanges needed to start implementing higher security.

From an investors standpoint it's 500k reasons why having purchased a crypto you need to get it into a safe wallet away from the exchange, plenty around in all sorts of formats, desktop, online, or off line in something like KeepKey. Sure it might cost a little to move back to an exchange to sell or trade, but that's the price of investing, has to be factored in

mbasko said:
How do you hack in & steal it? No trust required with cryptos :rolleyes:

When you 'centralise' something that is 'decentralised' you create a single point attack opportunity. Decentralised means there is no single point of attack and that's where a lot of the security comes from. But if you put millions in one spot that is just a regular database then you're pretty much guaranteed to lose 100% one hundred percent of the time.

It's like leaving large amounts of cash sitting on the passenger seat of your car. Only a matter of time until the inevitable happens.

That doesnt mean that cash is stupid, it means the person who was charged with its safekeeping was stupid.

Crypto haters seem to have a real problem understanding this very simple concept.

It's not like these same people stop using cash because of the huge amounts of bank robberies, Cash in transit robberies, cash lost down the back of sofas etc etc etc ad nauseum.

You get the gist?

I watched a video of one guy who said he lost hundreds of thousands....The comments were hilarious but the bottom line was if he had HODL then he'd have lost nothing...lol So funny... :) :Y:

diggit said:
mbasko said:

When you 'centralise' something that is 'decentralised' you create a single point attack opportunity. Decentralised means there is no single point of attack and that's where a lot of the security comes from. But if you put millions in one spot that is just a regular database then you're pretty much guaranteed to lose 100% one hundred percent of the time.

It's like leaving large amounts of cash sitting on the passenger seat of your car. Only a matter of time until the inevitable happens.

That doesnt mean that cash is stupid, it means the person who was charged with its safekeeping was stupid.

Crypto haters seem to have a real problem understanding this very simple concept.

It's not like these same people stop using cash because of the huge amounts of bank robberies, Cash in transit robberies, cash lost down the back of sofas etc etc etc ad nauseum.

You get the gist?
Every time I read one of your posts the voice of JP Sears comes into my head.
You get the gist? :D

mbasko said:
diggit said:
mbasko said:

You get the gist?
Every time I read one of your posts the voice of JP Sears comes into my head.
You get the gist? :D

I love satire & parody equally :)

Mackka said:
Just wondering how the bitcoin owners are going?
Mackka

Been through bigger dips than this many times....old tricks.

In fact I have a crypto that has fallen more than 95%, yes I should have sold but insanely enough I am still up 300% on that one.

But thanks for your concern mother Theresa ;)

diggit said:
Mackka said:
Just wondering how the bitcoin owners are going?
Mackka

Been through bigger dips than this many times....old tricks.

In fact I have a crypto that has fallen more than 95%, yes I should have sold but insanely enough I am still up 300% on that one.

But thanks for your concern mother Theresa ;)

You've got big b**ls .. all the ones I'm following on Blockfolio look terrible. There like Coles.. down down, prices are down.!