Crevices Eldrado

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Eldrado was up so high on the weekend so I had a look down a little creek before kangaroo crossing found the best colour I've ever found! Made up a yabby pump crevice sucker was getting on average 40 or so specs per pan out of this crevice I've only gone out about 4 times and usually only get about 5-8 specs per pan so I was very excited seeing this much gold in my pan! I was wondering what on average you guys get out of a pan full of material ?? :)

Reedy creek has always produced gold in the pan anywhere along its stretch , due to the recent heavy rains we have had most of the crevices will have been filled with flood gold. Not too many people have been out in the last fortnight due to how poor the weather has been. Good to see your getting some nice color and hopefully you can stay on it for next time . If I get 5-10 specs per pan in an area I'll set up the highbanker and go for it lol . Cheers Ben

You'd be surprised where that fine gold ends up on Reedy. The trick is to find the crevices and rocky bits that have been covered with sandy overburden.

I try and look for consistent 10-15 specs in the pan to set up the gear or the presence of slightly coarse gold, there are still a few pockets around that have coarser gold (you can feel it between your fingers as opposed to the dust type gold you can't feel at all) which make up the weight a lot quicker than the really fine flour stuff

Can someone tell me please.....Can I use a hand bait pump or like so for extracting alluvial gold from creeks in Victoria. crevices, under banks and rocks etc etc etc

tvtom said:
Can someone tell me please.....Can I use a hand bait pump or like so for extracting alluvial gold from creeks in Victoria. crevices, under banks and rocks etc etc etc
Yes.You can use it because it is hand operated.

Latest posts