Cresswell Mini Concentrator

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure if I seen one before... Be interested to see what they are.

A bloke I know has some gizmo that sits in a bucket & has a handle you turn like a salad spinner.

Have you got a picture of one to post up?

Interesting unit.
mgc.jpg

Pretty sure Diggerdude has one in his kit.
It looks very similar to what my mate has. Although he made his own version...

Look up rotapan.com. I am getting one on the weekend. They are in Belconnen ACT. I will give you all their details and price (From memory around $220) when I get back Sunday night.
Cheers Dozer

Hi Dozer,
Where in Belco? Would love to eye ball them.
JML
Jeff

Hi Jeff, 3 Oatley Cct. Company name : Candamber pty. I have seen them in action, work quite well. I mostly pan as I don't have a highbanker yet and this does speed up the process. From what I understand this guy invented it.
George.

G,Day All , Yep thats one of them beastys I bought approx 15 yrs ago ..Well made But after this long My bucket went brittle ! Have hardly used it ,the only thing I can say is narrow Ya seach area for treatable dirt down as it don't take long to aquire 20lt of spoil !

Regards L/R

I have one, use it when there is shortage of water, I sit in a 90lt tub and catch any water that goes over the side. There a fast way of processing dirt and it's very hard to lose gold. Good also for testing areas. :) Mick

I have owned one and used one of these for over four years now and have to agree with "axeman" much faster way to work wash than just panning and good with limited water available. Just take a few extra 20 litre buckets of water to dry creek beds.
Very fine gold will slip past, however it will always end up in the bottom of the buckets. I put buckets aside that are full of wash and take home and rework. Perhaps I better explain .... when bucket fills up with wash.... shake bucket with water for a few minutes this will work the fine gold down and I usually throw the the wash in the top half of bucket away and rework the bottom half at home.
Hope this helps

Rec

That's an excellent idea rec. How much of the fine stuff would think you pick back up on the rework once back home, percentage wise?
JML
Jeff

I was using mine today actually, will do a YouTube clip tomorrow of me using it in a dry gully. It works great!

DD

I bought one yesterday. Cant wit to try it out. :D They are exactly the as the photo's above and cost $235.00

Hey Dozer, where did you get yours from. Checked a link in an earlier post (#2) and they were a fair bit more that $235. Around a bout $60 more to be kind of nearly exact.

Hi Dogmatic, I picked mine up and saved the delivery. Rotapan.com is the website.
Candamber pty
3 Oatley cct
Belconnen ACT
02 62514247
ask for Ryliegh. I told her she might get a few enquieries from the forum members.
Cheers Dozer :)

I've taken my newly purchased (2nd hand) Cresswell concentrator out to the Shoalhaven over the last two weekends for a total workout of about 6 hours with the result of about 135 pieces (specs). Very pleased with the ability to process far more material then just panning. I did however bring home the overflow slurry after skimming off the majority and put it back through the concentrator for another 10 specs. Very pleased with the result. Looking to headback this coming weekend to try out some new spots on the Shaolhaven.
JML

Just wondering who still has one , I was interested in borrowing one for a few weeks to try an area . Im happy to leave a deposit with anyone kind enough to help me out.
Ps. Im in Sydney but I can possibly pick up from country areas west of Sydney :)

Latest posts