Computer Camera Help !!!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I asked for some help in a reply on my last post that was not noticed . Thought it best to start a new post for assistance .
I have a 4 year old camera that I have never used ( reading instructions tonight ) It is a Panasonic DMC - LX5 ( I think it will be good for coins , relics and nuggets photography . My problem is lack of knowledge of the following . How do I transfer photos from camera to my MacBook Air and then how do I get them to Prospecting Australia for posts . Cheers goldrat .

You'll need a USB cable to do that mate, your camera should have come with one. I know nothing abouit macs though. Photos for upload to the forum need to be smaller than 1MB too.

As Heatho mentioned, it should have come with a USB cable (pictured), or you can remove the memory card and slot it straight into the Macbook Air for downloading. Both the camera and Mac accept SDXC memory cards. You also have the choice of downsizing the photos to suit, either directly on the camera, or via the computer (the way I usually go). Most computer software suites include an image editting program, though I am not familiar with what Apple use in your instance.

After downsizing the pics, you can upload them to P.A. using the picture icon located above in the tool bar, to the right of the PDF icon. Before finalising the post, you can also press the preview button at the bottom of the post to see whether the pics are the correct size or not. Hope that helps a bit.

I zoom to 2 to take the photo, then do the card change to comp ( in your case to the macbook), then just put the photos into the post as per the photo button ,.... just need to know the path to get to the photos on the card as you do it all ,.... if it still says the photos too big try reducing the pixels on the camera a bit for in the first instsnce. ;)

I run a mac and i download my photos from camera via cable into 'i photo' software. I then select the pic i want to post and email it to myself. When i go to email it the computer asks me what size i want to send, ie original, large, medium or small. in my case i can post up medium or small on the PA site.
When i email to myself i simply open up the attachment sent and save it (in one of my files) so i can retrieve to use on PA post.

Thanks to Heatho , Goldpick , Ramjet , Silver and Scrounger . You all added to my limited knowledge , still studying the camera and then I will implement all your wisdom .
Cheers goldrat .

Latest posts