Coin Hunting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys .. Im organizing a garage sale for this weekend , when I go over the other house later today, I will note down the dates of the coins..
Have a lot of pennies and halfpennies from around the 1900 to 1920s bagged up as well..

You could probably garage sale your coins on here nucopia.... if your intension is to sell them at all that is ?

I have a couple of bags of 5c roll bags that I put aside last year... pandemic rolls lol. The brown rolls came in the bag, but the blue rolls I put into an empty bag that I was given from another bank. $100 worth in each bag. So they are armagard & prosegur rolls respectively.
I have the intension of doing a historical hunt of both types in 2040... thought it would be good then to be having a roll hunt that has no new coins in it from the past twenty years at all.
1619159092_screenshot_2021-04-23-16-07-48.jpg

Just need to wait for all those years next
(one down lol)(19 to go)
1619159199_screenshot_2021-04-23-16-06-34.jpg

I know that from around the time I put them away there were no 2020 coins showing yet and 2019 were almost excusively being found only in the prosegur (blue) rolls but hardly at all in the armagard rolls.... so it seemed they were only there from mixing incidentally through commerce from shoppers and thus shop banking.

Should be an interesting hunt by then :p

Just thought I'd share the exhilarating experience of the wait (something to live for hey) :money:

Started noodling coin rolls after seeing this thread revived by Silver back in September 2019.
Was getting a few rolls of each denomination go through in the beginning and using a $10 loupe from Jacar to spot the die cracks,cuds, etc that my naked eyes could not see.
November 2019 (beginners luck) i thought i was seeing things, was this real, could not be this lucky so soon?
1619208896_img20191114163210_small.jpg

Gotta be in it to win it. :)

I was finding that as I learned about certain coins I would then miraculously find one.... seemed uncanny.... but try finding something twice.... can give you nervous tension when nothing shows up in the hunt for ages.
So...
I enjoy finding new errors that I'm unaware of....and specific date related errors.

This one is not an error.
First shock i got was the date , 2012..... no $1 coins for circulation came out that year.
Flipped her over to check for rotation and by hell i was stunned. Had no idea the RAM made this sort of coin. :eek:
Went out and bought the 29th Edition of the Rennicks Australian Coin & Banknote Values book from a bookshop.
A must have . :Y:
No one in the right mind would spend this coin so figured it must have been stolen at some stage.
Fat chance i'll find another like this but noodling ' is like a box a chocolates, you never know what you're gunna get'
1619232541_img20191106155715_small.jpg

1619232576_img20191106155702_small.jpg

:8

I recon if I wes 10 years old and was gifted a set of coins it'd almost be a no brainer to rip into it for the lolly value at my next trip to the shops.... that decision would bypass any feedback centre that said what if. :p

I remember having one like that and thinking ....nah rings not rigjt around. Not sure if I kept it or not :/

And my renniks books are old.... so I probably don't get as excited as I should over value unless I see one of mine the same on ebay.

Not sure how to post a link yet to a website but if you type in 'coins australia ' it has a guide there on how to identify a 'mule' coin .
The 'ring ' does not have to be all the way around. ;)

Yeah.... I know... plenty of other years and denominations have part rings though hey ! (and not mules either) lol

Well found Topenda, I'll keep my eye out... have you found Two of them ?

One I have never seen even an example of is that 2015(or it might be 2014) crop circle 50c... try as I might it is illusive to me.

But now ive seen your 2012 50c bubble I'll be looking for that. :D