Coiltek or Nuggetfinder for 4000?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All;
I would like to hear from any GPX4000 users regarding the new Coiltek 18 inch Elite Coil or the new Nuggetfinder Evolution series; Are they compatible with the 4000? How quiet do they run generally? (assuming settings e.g. gain etc being right) Have they improved depth over other mono coils of same size?
I run a 4000 with WiFi unit and generally the NF 12 round mono or an older model NF 16 round mono. Have done ok but feel I'm starting to slip behind in the technical stakes, yet cannot afford to upgrade to 5000 at this time.Any and all feedback appreciated

longjok

The 4000 only has Sens Smooth, so you need to match up what you want, i.e. if you want to max out your sensitivity and not sacrifice too much depth then I'd go for the new 14x9" Evolution.

The 15" round Evo will beat your 16" advantage for depth, and will be more sensitive to sub grammers.

All these new coils work fine on the 5000 (which is the fussiest machine), so should run just fine on the 4000.

Latest posts