Need some Nugget Finder coil advice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ded Driver

WA is my backyard
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a GPX 4000 & a NF 18" mono Advantage coil.
Would a NF 17x13" Evo give a significant improvement on this older machine.
Also, can anyone suggest how much difference I might get between the Evo & a Coiltek 17x11" Elite (on this GPX).
I am mostly looking for deeper gold in the WA goldfields (heavily mineralised)
Would like to hear what peoples thoughts are/ pros & cons of each.
ps, before ya tell me to go get a GPX4500/5000, thats down the track a bit, pending $$

Cheers

With the evo you will pick up smaller gold and deeper targets it may run a bit noisier than the advantage .As they do here in VIC if you back some of the setting of and you may have to use tracking .I have not been to the west for some time ,but I found the ground pretty good compared to the gt regards john :Y:

The 13*17 will pick up smaller bits, but the 18" advantage will behave better, and pick up bigger deeper bits. The NF evo is made to a higher standard than the coiltek elite, and because its 2" wider, shoulder punch a little deeper than the elite, but not by a huge amount.

For big bits in mineralised soils, the 18" Advantage is your coil.

Going to a smaller Evo coil will give you greater sensitivity. The 4000 only has Sens Smooth which handles hot ground extremely well, but doesn't punch super deep, so I'd be sticking with round coils in preference to ellipticals. The 15" Evo would be my recommendation.

If you can, try using Normal or Salt timing with the 18" Advantage for max depth.

PhaseTech said:
For big bits in mineralised soils, the 18" Advantage is your coil.

Going to a smaller Evo coil will give you greater sensitivity. The 4000 only has Sens Smooth which handles hot ground extremely well, but doesn't punch super deep, so I'd be sticking with round coils in preference to ellipticals. The 15" Evo would be my recommendation.

If you can, try using Normal or Salt timing with the 18" Advantage for max depth.

Cheers for your input Nenad. :Y: :)

Hey guys so Ive got a silly question. So going off the info here would it be correct to say generally round coils are smoother and go deeper but elliptical coils are more sensitive to smaller targets?

Ded Driver said:
I have a GPX 4000 & a NF 18" mono Advantage coil.
Would a NF 17x13" Evo give a significant improvement on this older machine.
Also, can anyone suggest how much difference I might get between the Evo & a Coiltek 17x11" Elite (on this GPX).
I am mostly looking for deeper gold in the WA goldfields (heavily mineralised)
Would like to hear what peoples thoughts are/ pros & cons of each.
ps, before ya tell me to go get a GPX4500/5000, thats down the track a bit, pending $$

Cheers

Stick with the set up you have....it's unlikely you will be able to use Normal timings for patch hunting.

Also...if you are specifically targeting deeper targets the most important thing you can do is to be prospecting in the right areas.

Latest posts