Coils - information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a question about coils for GPX4500 , views from people who have had Experience with what they feel is a great coil to buy .
I am wanting to upgrade from my 11 mono , many people say they are a still a good coil and no dought they are ,but when I look at the number of GPX ,
I dont find a lot of people using them .
Many are using Coiltek or Evolution coils .
There are 2 Coils I have an interest in they are 15 Evolution round or 17 x 13 solid Evolution , any suggestions please out of the 2
I am looking for depth and sensitivity coil , I understand you probably could go on and on with coils , having one for each occasion , but can be very expensive hobby buying to many . Cheers ken

Kenlily18 said:
I have a question about coils for GPX4500 , views from people who have had Experience with what they feel is a great coil to buy .
I am wanting to upgrade from my 11 mono , many people say they are a still a good coil and no dought they are ,but when I look at the number of GPX ,
I dont find a lot of people using them .
Many are using Coiltek or Evolution coils .
There are 2 Coils I have an interest in they are 15 Evolution round or 17 x 13 solid Evolution , any suggestions please out of the 2
I am looking for depth and sensitivity coil , I understand you probably could go on and on with coils , having one for each occasion , but can be very expensive hobby buying to many . Cheers ken

Have a word with PhaseTech, He's the Coil Wizard when it comes to GPX's.

you mentioned 2 coils.
15" and the 17x13.
Two really great coils.
One coil you should consider is a dd coil.
I don't have one but will be looking for one shortly.

Ken,

The 45 teamed with a 14 Coiltek Elite has been a successful combination for many people.

I have owned both the 15 and 17x13 NFEvo coils and found the 15 (on a 5000) gave a noticably stronger signal on undug nuggets than the 17x13.

Dont rule out the 12 Evo, an excellent all-rounder,

Phil

Latest posts