Bourke To Tibooburra

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
Been a while since I posted anything on here. looking at doing a trip up to Tibooburra soon before it heats up with my brother and his family we are thinking of making a bit of a loop few stops Broken Hill, Tibooburra, Whitecliffs ,and looking at possibly going lightning ridge then through Bourke out to Tibooburra. has anyone been this way and what are the roads like going along here I think the road is Bourke-Milparinka Rd or cut line any advise on this would be good as trying to get a bit planned out.
Also has anyone been up that way recently wondering what is the situation as far as space in caravan park, are the stations and common open with all the COVID stuff atm we would only be looking to stay in caravan park 1 night spend other nights camping on the stations.
sorry for the long story and thank you in advance.

We drove bourke to Tibooburra in early August and road was okay. Call wanaaring petrol station general store to get latest on road condition. Tibooburra is nice and friendly. Camp on Mt Stuart station, ground has been flogged but if you keep at it you might do okay. Tibooburra to broken hill is a good road , a short cut to white cliffs is on the way to broken hill. We didn't take the short cut to white cliffs because road was closed due to flooding. We really enjoyed our 3 week trip out there. And will probably go back in the future

Latest posts