Clyde river

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi John,
I went in there in January for a look but I had no gear with me.
Just turn right on to Wheelbarrow rd just south of Burrill lake.
It's a fairly easy drive with a walk of a couple of hundred meters to the river from the car park.
I don't know for sure but it may be in the NP?

I dropped my daughter and her friends off at the camping area next to the river and it is inside the state forrest by more than 100 mtrs and sign posted. It is next to the river. I might take a pan and shovel and do a test pan when I pick her up. Its a good camping spot.

Hi John,

I have not been to Clyde River, but decided to do a google search after I read your post.

I came across this,

........."In 1889 alluvial gold was discovered west of the Wilderness Area on the banks of the Clyde River, 4km below Brooman and in 1891 at the headwaters of the Bimberamala River. Mining continued intermittently until 1915."

Not sure if that helps you at all, but it certainly looks like some beautiful country down that way. I would be keen to hear how you go.

Cheers.....!!

Planning to check it out in the next couple of months. The daughter managed to get to Ulladulla so I didnt get a chance to test pan but it will happen.

I'm on holidays for three weeks starting at the end of this week. The Yadboro Flat camping area was on my list of places to check out. Hopefully I will get there some time next week if all goes to plan.

backcreek said:
kleinman98 said:
Nah kayaking is not for me but caravanning is.

I don't think you can get a van into the camping area or even a car for that matter.

I have been to Yadboro camping ground and have seen several 4x4 with caravans. Good ground, but only has a drop toilet, plenty of room, a nightmare on the long weekends.

Peter. :cool:

Latest posts