Clermont running a GP3000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to this game, and have done bugger all detecting. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck in the GPA areas at Clermont? I'm running a GP3000, and plan to head up next weekend. I've got an 11'DD, a small joey mono, and a couple of larger coils, I think a UFO and a DD of the same size. I know this gear is getting on a bit, and was just wondering if it's still competitive at all? Also hasa anyone had any dealings with the owner of the detector shop at the van park there? Thanks in advance for any help.

There is still gold in all the GPAs . Just have to put the time in and go low and slow

thanks mate, you sound like you've obviously had some luck there, any tips on coils/settings, etc. Do you think I can still have some fun there with the old 3000?

You will get gold with the 3000 and 11 inc dd try to find the burn areas they will give you the best chance

Look up Andrew at Clermont detectors mate...his shop is on the left after you turn left at the top end of the main street...opposite the railway carriages with the murals on them...He knows the area well and should be a great help...good luck out there...

We were there in July and although we didn't find anything (except nails, bullet shells, etc) the recently burnt areas apparently were giving a bit of gold. We spoke to a couple of people who found some, but we were wanting to head off to our grandchildren so didn't spend the extra time. Andrew and his daughter are the most helpful people and always ready to answer any questions. Good luck.

Thanks very much to everyone for the advice. Heading up there soon so I'll let you know how I go.

Try Birimgan GPA, about 100m after you enter the gate a road veers to the right try down this road on the old diggings anywhere from this road up to cockatoo dam will produce the odd "floater" look for the red and yellow rocks with quartz nearby. Go low and slow and dig mellow noises.
I hope this helps.

Latest posts