Chasing quartz vugh's / pockets

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a go cracking open some large face rock which looked promising with signs of fine quartz crystal vughs entangled in sandstone and mudstone. The rest of the crew are not too physical these days so I do most the work but thier knowledge outdoes my efforts by far and have prospected all over the world for many years. The video doesn't capture our best finds for the day as they are still gently being opened with minimal damage to hopfully get a nice plate or slice depending on what we choose.

The camera work is horrible due to the bloke not being completly there due to being sick and his coughing almost feels like your going to catch it just by watching the video, so I pre warn you of his noise and messy off-shot camera work...and his finger..lol Had even missed some info when he accidently pressed pause but its all good..I still got to capture something to share :)

Recorded from two days ago.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFwKQlBxSu0[/video]

Ill have to post all my rock photos after the weekend to this thread and others as I've been very busy and keep missing daylight to take a snap. Ill consider taking a snap before leaving next time

Hey atom, you're right the video quality is a bit ordinary but that yellow encrustation on the joint plane looks like limonite to me. Did you crush any of the quartz veining or material along the joint to check for gold mineralization?

jethro said:
Hey atom, you're right the video quality is a bit ordinary but that yellow encrustation on the joint plane looks like limonite to me. Did you crush any of the quartz veining or material along the joint to check for gold mineralization?
Sorry mate, can't comment :)

Latest posts