Cawarral gold fields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt80

Matthew
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm having trouble trying to find much information on the cawarral gold fields in central Qld and wondered if anyone had(and is willing to share) any information about them.

1498220987_screenshot_20170603-161732.jpg

I'm mainly interested in what sort of gold and the host rock types as this area is very different to most of Australia in that it's Serpentine country. I have access to a lot of private land in the area and have found some small course gold but bugger all of it.

Rumour is that the gold bearing veins were at the cross section of quartz and Serpentine reefs, but l have no idea if that's true or of details (like reef directions). I also don't know if most of the gold was free mill or had to be leached, but they certainly pulled some big nuggets out back in the day.

So if anyone has any information they are willing to share l would love to hear it, or if anyone can point me in the right direction (like if the mines department could tell l me much) that would be great as well.
Thx,
Matt

Oh and the pic is just a screenshot, l have nothing to do with echo resources but l very much appreciate them for providing a nice pic of the fields layouts.

Can't help mate but often wondered how to get to any location in the cq area. Only really panned up at bouldy but know there was some good gold nuggies found at Mt Wheeler. Don't know anyone in Rocky so always ventured solo. Anyway good luck mate.

Yeah most of the areas are privately owned these days so have to know the owners in most cases. There are still a few spots around that are open to the public though and a few waterways around that might offer some colour if your willing to put in enough effort and have a lot of luck.

Some guys still pull out surprising amounts of nuggets in the cawarral public areas, but it seems very hit and miss.

Thanks for the reply and good luck to u to.

Latest posts