Can anyone identify this car part plz.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am starting to wonder if I should have said "Can anyone identify this part plz" as I am not not sure if it is a car part at all which is throwing everyone off.
As I have said I will go back to my mates home and take a picture of the other side and see if that helps us.
Thank you to all the blokes helping with this.

kemjak57 said:
I just had a look at vintage MGs and it could come off a 53 model or similar
I wondered about a wheel spinner ( def not an MG...I recognise those!) but OP said the back had a 10 ml bolt out the back, a wheel spinner would have an internal thread, and also the 'wings' are an odd shape for one.

Heres the closeup of the insignia from 4 sides
1516683894_screenshot_2018-01-23-09-11-13.jpg
1516683918_screenshot_2018-01-23-09-11-36.jpg
1516683939_screenshot_2018-01-23-09-11-50.jpg
1516683957_screenshot_2018-01-23-09-12-10.jpg

just incase a differing view helps :)

Yes I cut and pasted just the emblem on a few search engines and have come up with.... Nothing :rolleyes: ... I have spent Hours on this and it's doing my head in... ]:D

Might Email it to some Vintage Car Clubs and see what they come up with... 8)

LW...

So it only has a 10mm bolt on the back.
Wheel Spinner nut is up wards of at least
40 to 50 mm female thread wide.
Starting to sound like an Aircraft emblem
along the lines of a glycol coolant.

It appears to be aluminium, which I think rules out an auto wheel spinner: too soft and too brittle.

Could it possibly be an old aircraft part or even from a vintage motorcycle? A major figure in both fields in Britain through the 1920s-30s (the era of the rather art nouveau style of the logo), was an Aussie, Harry Hawker and his company HG Hawker Engineering (initials 'HGH'). Today, the Hawker name is most often associated with the famed Hawker Hurricane WWII fighter, by which time the company had become Hawker Siddeley.

Some background info:
http://cybermotorcycle.com/marques/hawker/

Well whatever it is, after being an ash tray it will never be a lolly or peanut tray. some questions just remain a mystery, just like women.

HoudiniHarry said:
Rockhunter62 said:
If it has a 10mm thread on the inside, it would indicate European being metric.

Cheers

Doug

If it is old it would have a BSF or AF thread I believe.

Cheers

I have seen Italian cars from 1904 that were using metric , maybe Germany did too ?

Whatever it came off I think the style would be 1930s to 1950s

The vintage cars I have played with that had spin on wheel nuts , whether Italian , British or yank all had threads between 2 to 3 ( 50 - 75 mm )

So it seems purely for decoration, so it could easily come from a washing machine , vacuum cleaner , electric fan or refrigerator.
All these items were over built with style like that at some stage in the past..

Latest posts