can anybody help identify this old padlock??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1377522053_screenshot_2013-08-26-22-59-34.jpg

Only new to detecting and came across this rusty old padlock if anyone can tell me anytjing about it age etc
that would be great...

It's an interesting piece. I can't personally identify it but hopefully someone will be able to point you in the right direction soon enough. Would you have any information relating to the area it was found in, when it was settled etc?

Yeah it is very interesting, I found this around taree area not to sure about settlement and so on but ive googled it and searched heaps with no luck yet! Hopefully someone out there mite know..

If I get some time tomorrow afternoon, I'll have a search around online and see what I can come up with.

I have seen something like that/not same but similar, on an old WW2? bunker in the bush in Mornington Vic. Had a (New World Order) sign/symbol welded on the main steel door!?
Was a long time ago? 20+years. Messed around there as kids, Rip up the place on our dirt bikes :)

Around Cape Shank Rd I think??
If the info helps at all?

Ok thanks guys for the info ill have to do a lot more research its very intersting and would just love to know how old it is and more about it,

Gooday shykhi... I am from taree and may be able to shed some light on your find.. contact me if you want to meet up for a yarn :) ...
shykhi said:
Ok thanks guys for the info ill have to do a lot more research its very intersting and would just love to know how old it is and more about it,

kawman said:
Gooday shykhi... I am from taree and may be able to shed some light on your find.. contact me if you want to meet up for a yarn :) ...
shykhi said:

Do share..

Nugget said:
kawman said:
shykhi said:

Do share..

agreed! I'd love to know more

I should be working but i'm googling haha, i collect alot of locks/keys etc, never seen anything like this though so I really hope you find out otherwise its going to bug me forever!

Radioactive logo - but reversed so i may be way off! but perhaps start with radioactive/explosive/biohazard/ and head in the Brothers WW2 similarity

Could be from a WW2 training exercise in the area or possibly a military test ground? Possibly using radioactive dyed tracer rounds? Looks very similar to a radiation symbol but the bird? shape at the top is a bit confusing. Be great to know how and why it got out there.
Are there any markings under all the crustation?

Hi everyone!! Yes its actually got me buggered iv'e tried to search everything possible also with no luck :( I was also thinking it looks like the bio hazard sign but the bird i am not sure if its a eagle or not? ? The actual padlock is rusted which is such a shame to almost nothing so no cant seem to find any other markings! I'm new.to detecting and am quite excited to know the history of this and I appreciate everyone's help!! Thanks

Can anyone give advice on the best way to clean up the padlock try to remove some rust to see if there are any markings? Cheers

Latest posts