Camping - Oallen Ford

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DropBear

Tim
Reaction score
Hey Hey,

So i'm going to start doing some over night trips to the Ford...

Are you able to camp anywhere? The spot i go to run the GoldHog isn't the normal area, it's through the 4x4 tracks.

Going for a day trip tomorrow (The mrs planned something for tomorrow night so can't stay there), come say hi if you can find me :)

So, i don't plan on leaving a mess like some bloody campers, low impact, and out of the way.

Cheers,

DB

I will be heading there for a few over night trips during June when I am on leave. So hopefully I may see you there. Splitting trips between oallen ford and GG.

HeadsUp said:
whatever you choose , dont camp close to the river at this time of year unless you want to wake up floating out to sea.

shoalhaven can rise rapidly even when there is no rain there , it can rain 200 km away and rise 4 meters in a flash.

Spot on. I have Seen that happen.
1465211268_41345390.gif

Can be scary and lives will change in a blink of an eye.

If unfamiliar with an area then look for high water marks and higher ground above the banks as what can look like a choice flat spot for camp can be in fact a flood channel.

Latest posts