Buying gold and concentrates/paydirt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a bag of paydirt the other day, didn't have to pan it at all. Pretty happy with the result :Y:

1522380076_2018-03-30_14.20.31.jpg

Bit more flash than a WA miners right.
I have a web of discoloured sticky tape with bits of unreadable paper attached.

I've recently gotten a 2 kg bag of their's and yes it had decent gold in it. From very fine to picker size gold. Your blower may blow out the fine gold. Do it on a tarp and re- pan it.

Patrick1 said:
I've recently gotten a 2 kg bag of their's and yes it had decent gold in it. From very fine to picker size gold. Your blower may blow out the fine gold. Do it on a tarp and re- pan it.

I plan on doing it onto a tarp quite a few times as the dry blower is going to need quite a bit of fine tuning. My aim is to catch most of the fine stuff. How much gold do you reckon you got out of the 2kg bag?

1968falconxt said:
Patrick1 said:

I plan on doing it onto a tarp quite a few times as the dry blower is going to need quite a bit of fine tuning. My aim is to catch most of the fine stuff. How much gold do you reckon you got out of the 2kg bag?
About .5g

Flowerpot said:
Great to see Maddogmat :Y:
Good job panning.
I still have a long way to go to finish panning the trailer load I bought, but looking ok so far.

Hey Flowerpot how are you going with the floating gold? I never thought there was such a thing until I saw it with my own eyes. A lirrle bit of dishwasher finish broke the surface tension to keep it down. Doing some reading it seems to happen with crushed rock. Probably not worth worrying about as the squirt of finish probably cost more than the mico fine gold dust.

Hi mdm, The half dozen or so pans I've panned so far, I have done with soapy water, I've only had a few specks in each pan, so no floaters. The rest of the load is sitting under a tarp keeping dry until I can stop procrastinating and get on with panning it out.
You're results look really good, might be enough to get me out to pan the rest.

Hi Tom.
Are you still selling the concentrates? I'm interested in buying a bag or two for my son to get interested in our upcoming adventure :)

Latest posts