Booster/Amplifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LazyTrommel said:
Yep, the little 3 cell 3.6v packs saved me using voltage regulators.. I've actually run the battery down to 2.6v before it drops out..

My smallest box is 83x53x31.. everything fits nicely with room for 2x 9v batteries.. can't find anything smaller, though I'm looking at some smaller diecast aluminium boxes..

something like the coiltek mini booster.. except homefully smaller and slimline.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3531/1406731204_class_d_board.jpg

These are a tad smaller and slim
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301176149603?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Have a few mates wanting these, as well, but will probably have to go with 3 X AAA for them, simply
for the recharging issue most of them have. To tight to buy a charger, they just want to be able to
lob in some store bought.

Hi Lazy Trommel,
If its not too much trouble can you give me some information on where I can purchase the small Class D amps.
For some time I have been messing about with various amp kits from JayCar with reasonable success, but need to carry a six-pack of AA's to drive them.
At the moment I'm trying to down-size what I carry when out detecting to reduce the weight/bulk on the harness, from the posts above these Class D amps and the smaller battery packs sound pretty good.
Any help here would be much appreciated.
Cheers, SinHof.

Ebay Item numbers:

If you don't mind waiting a few weeks

Ebay items Numbers:

These are from Aus, bit more $ but you don't have to wait lol.

Hi Lazy Trommel,
Many thanks for the information; had a look on Ebay and will certainly grab a couple from the Australian store,I doubt six bucks will break the bank.
Did you include dual volume controls in your set-up? My current amp/s run dual speakers with individual volume controls , one speaker on each shoulder;I have also added a volume limit switch which is very handy when you encounter a large junk target or wish to knock the volume down fast for whatever reason, without adjusting the individual volume controls.
Cheers, SinHof.

Lazy T .. The amp you have on show clearly is a 2 channel stereo, are you going to feed the 2 inputs with the single mono signal from the detector or just leave it driving on one side?

Cheers Pete

I saw that, then your reply LOL..

Yeah, I figure I'm not going to gain any performance by connecting up both input/output.. so why bother? could be wrong but they work great as is..

I did read somewhere that its not advisable to run a single mono (split) into two channels of a stereo, I have never understood why but I believe there must have been something in that comment or why write a article. ? .. just wish I knew where I saw it.

Yeah, just some of the test gear.. gets the job done... Best thing i ever bought was the Oscilloscope.

Looks tooo flash, what happened to the good old days when all you needed was a piece of flattened out resin core solder that you wrapped around a pair of twisted wires then placed a match under it to melt and create a solder joint.

Are they the tools of your trade or hobby interests ?

Latest posts