Bolong River - Abacrombie - Golspie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
Wondering if anyone has any information , I have looked but no luck so far in research, on weather there was historically any Alluvial gold found in the Bolong River near Golspie - North of Peelwood - in the general Tuena area.
I have a mate with property with Bolong River frontage that I may be able to have access to. There is a tint bit of Info on gold at the junction Of Bolong & Abacrombie Rivers , but thats all I can find.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

https://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark, I have had a quick pan in Mianga Creek near the Bolong at Golspie. No colour at all but I did only try in 3-4 spots. Have heard you are better heading to Abercrombie River or Grabben Gullen (south west of Crookwell). I also would like any info for down that way.

Cracka.

Went fishing years ago on the bolong and the one thing I remember about the bolong was it had the crankiest tiger snakes I have every seen , was fishing on one side watching the snake on the other and once he spotted me he swam straight across to me . so I packed up and got out of there. lol.

I was there for 9 days, prospecting, riding dirt bike, swimming in creek and walking kms through knee high grass trying to find mates lost dogs (little dog down wombat hole, big dog follows it and seals it in the hole when he got stuck). Didnt see 1 snake. However, i walked to Laggon Pub the second last day and all the locals said i had better buy a lottery ticket as that place was alive with Tigers and Brown snakes. Saw 1 dead Brown on the road from Crookwell to Golspie. Be very careful and carry compression bandages.
P.S. If your looking for gold around that area you could always head out to Tuena, plenty of gold and spots to try.

Cracka

Latest posts