Black sands

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't panned these right down because I was interested in knowing what else might be in there.
Is there anything that looks interesting? The little grey spheres looked a bit odd to me.

1520071535_untitled-1.jpg
1520071546_untitled-2.jpg
1520071557_untitled-3.jpg

Pyrite? Spinel? Ironstone?

Interesting looking gravel, kinda hard to determine with the focus and low res

Looks like there could be zircons and maybe garnet and citrine in the mix too.

maybe try for a better pic?

I'd gladly take a bag of it off your hands for a closer look ;)

AussieChris said:
I'd gladly take a bag of it off your hands for a closer look ;)

No worries! I'm just using a 'digital microscope' thing my brother dug up somewhere. It's really just 640x480 pinhole sensor cam on a pretty stand.
Anyway, I'm happy to post a couple of teaspoons. If you weren't just joking perhaps PM an address.
It's from the bottom of Long Gully near Drake, by the way.
Cheers
Mike :)

Hehe x250, certainly changes things, I just pictured how big a 5 cent coin would be up against it. I didn't realise it was that fine! looked like really interesting gravel! not micro sands!

lolol Yeah, it's pretty tiny. I can't see the individual particles with my naked eye. Just wee twinkles against grey/black.

Here's a similar type of pic from another area near there.
1520144157_untitled-1.jpg

And here's a pic of some pink rock there's quite a lot of out there.
1520144666_rock_from_shelf_near_big_rock.jpg

And ehere's another micro one with the same magnification - but the particles are bigger. Would that bit on the bottom left be gold? I'm guessing the others could be pyrites ?.?.
1520145144_untitled-2.jpg

Cheers

Latest posts