BigRobs new sdc 2300 blitz !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so the wife is away for a week so its a three day blitz with my new toy.
Day one
Mogo Cabbage tree ck and surrounds, very 4wd !
Dozens of bullets shells, spent bullets and lead shot. Some gold dust in my pan but i think not worth it due to the rubbish

Day two (today)
Nerriga, was going to call in at pub but caught up with a lovely helpful bloke on the edge of town.Retired engineer ,had done some prospecting ,as had his dad.
Anyway as we knew, all the old alluvial diggings locked up in private land and landholders hate prospectors. he directed me to Ningi nimble creek said i shouldnt get shot at there. !!! He was serious.Its just back from Oallen ford.
I flogged it for 4 hrs ,did all the crevices ,rock pools ,rock bars, for more lead, a 2c coin and some tiny pieces of steel. maybe after a big flood but i think from chatting to this lad that Nerriga might be on the not worth the effort list !!

Day 3 (tomorrow) im going back to Mogo to a spot Lesgold gave me.

The sdc 2300 is amazing, it picks up rice grain pieces of lead and steel down to 30 cm in all soils and gravel. maybe its too good Ha Ha

GOLD tomorrow !

Good luck! If you're finding lead shot you can find gold, just gotta swing the coil over it.
Mogo gold is very shiny, hope you can find a some!

Ok day 3
Back to mogo. I flogged Monkey gully for three hrs for a few nails ,bullets and rubbish. Pretty clean site but also no gold. Looks like it might get a pretty good flogging even though its in the middle of the bush. Very heavy covering of leaf and bark litter !! So still havent popped the cherry yet !!! Tomorrow i have an old isolated local grave yard i might do an outside lap of for relics !!

Rockhunter62 said:
Hey Bigrob, just remember that you may have to clear the leaf/bark litter away to get the coil closer to the ground. This helps a lot especially on the little gold targets.

Cheers

Doug

Exactly what I was going to say. The SDC has a very short range so get it right down there and listen carefully. No point in swinging it because if you can swing it you are too far from the dirt.

Before worrying about the leaf litter dig a little hole and see what's down there. With an sdc you want to hit gravel or clay pretty early. You might be walking over 2ft of top soil and the gold is usually at the bottom of this and that ground might be too deep. Look for shallow ground.

Good luck.

Pretty slow going carrying a rake around..There is 2 types of ground to detect in ..Virgin ground..and flogged ground...
Virgin ground find your first bit and odds on you will find more close by..To find that first bit you need to cover lots of ground ..Once found then go slow and very thorough..else you will leave it behind for the next time or someone else..That ground is now the flogged ground..To find gold in flogged ground, you need to go very slow and thorough..Push your coil under bushes ect..Try and put your coil in places where no coil has been..Wear that skid plate on your coil out by scraping it on the ground..Some times you wont get a clear signal, but your coil just gets a bit more noisy...a scrape with your boot and it turns into a signal..
This is the gold left behind on the flogged areas..The easy to find gold has been found..If its a hot day and temperatures getting above 30 and the ground is getting very hot..You will not hear a signal from small gold.. .2 of a gram. They just disappear till the temperature comes down..later in the arvo..Most people will run their detectors on factory settings..Which is great, because I know I can run mine flat out 5 and get extra depth..The thing is that I dont use headphones because the detector is more noisy, and it would drive me nuts..but I can hear it fine without headphones..and its one less thing to worry about..Happy hunting..

Latest posts