Big Ears

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavyBob

Robert Cocks
Reaction score
Hi All,

Well I have not been contributing for a while as other issues had taken over.

Just a bit of background. In October of last year I visited the local historical society to get information and was put onto a local farmer who had old buildings pre 1900 on his property and an old bottle dump.

I got permission in writing to go onto his property with up to four others on specific dates. I revisited the historical society and told them all the details and ask if one of them would like to accompany me on the searches.
The historical society share the building with multi users and here is where the story takes a turn for the worst.

A week before the organised search day I get a very angry phone call from the farmer telling me not to bother coming we all are a bunch of no hopers so I calmed him down a bit and what happen was this group turned up to the farm and the farmers wife let them onto the property.

Two old buildings were demolished, bottles in the bottle dump were smashed and multi beers were drunk so the farmers wife called her husband and the police.

I convinced the farmer who then made a complaint to the police and at the court case I was a witness, with the letter to enter the farm, a copy of the prospector's code of ethics and references of mine.

It would appear that a girlfriend of one of these "men" overheard my conversations with the historical society who passed it on to "the boys".

The case is over and all four of these******* received a conviction for public mischief and a community order for 20 hours.

I almost have the farmer back on side but the good thing is I have photos of the four "boys" and addresses so will know where to look, from police sources this mob are well know for liking other peoples homes and cars.

An interesting note they all had top end detectors of various brands but little or no training, they were surprised at the prices of blue and brown bottle they had smashed and how much they could of got for them, armatures!

Bob.

Oh, Bob, what a sad story for you. I hope you can convince the farmer and get his permission again, it could be very interesting place. Good luck!

A sad tale.
Unfortunately we see way too much of this type of person... greedy, self centred.
They don't give a thought to others or the future consequences of their actions.

Latest posts