best ways to reduce fatigue?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Building your overall fitness.
Then drinking plenty of water while your out prospecting will help you fight off those aches and pains for a bit longer. You could also take a supplement like magnesium to help with recovery.

As previously stated, 'keep hydrated' add something like Staminade powder to you water bottles to replace lost salts and take snacks, I make 'Recovery Bars' and take a couple with me on my bike rides. When your doing heavy work you need sugars to quickly replace the carbohydrates your burning.

GCN recovery bars.

"Sunflower Oil - 120ml/3/4 cup
Soft Dark Brown Sugar - 200g/1 cup
Golden Syrup - 2 tbsp
Peanut Butter - 1 tbsp
Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp

Melt these ingredients in a pan over a low heat until melted and mixed together.
Next, add:

Sesame Seeds - 25g / 2 tbsp
Sunflower Seeds - 25g / 2 tbsp
Flaked Almonds - 50g / 1/2 cup
Sultanas - 50g / 1/2 cup
Chopped Cranberries - 50g / 1/2 cup

Gradually stir in thick cut porridge oats/oatmeal - 225g / 8 oz.
Transfer mixture to a baking tin lined with parchment. Roughly 25 x 15cm or 10 x 6 inches.
Press down firmly with a metal fork.
Place in an oven at 180 degrees c, 350 degrees f or gas mark 4 for 10 - 15 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don't get over done.
Finally, leave to cool in the tin before you take them out and cut them.

Enjoy!"

So these bars have a low GI and digest slowly, stopping the sugar high, remember to keep the fluid levels up too.
You can watch the bars being made, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJEIiWV3VQ

Salt'n Vinegar chips work well if you happen to leave your electrolyte at home for that matter anything with a bit of salt :Y: doesn't work as well as electrolytes but it sure does help when all else fails :beer:

I drink water before i go out and carry a bottle with a weak cordial mix in it to have while out detecting for a bit of sugar content for energy. I used to pump weights at the gym pretty hard and the trick was to be hydrated first ,rather than waiting until you are thirsty and then you become dehydrated and tired and weak.
One of the instructors at the gym told me to think of your body as a radiator in a car. It needs plenty of water to keep it cool and functioning and if it gets low on fluids ,then it starts to overheat and doesn`t work properly.
I used to down alot of Musashi bars for energy ,also ,but these days i just have a couple of biscuits .

Walking slower also helps reduce fatigue.

FOZ

Latest posts