Best thing ever to score gold .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate for sure i test my tailings regularly i also make my drywashers and i call them a drywasher and im in Australia :)

I reckon losses would be on par on both designs mate. Difference between a traditional drywasher and your setup is the drywasher offers a static environment to pull metals down whilst creating a pullow of air for the lights to move out freely.

Whilst your unit relies on gravity and has the massive advantage of being legal in qld and nsw and runs on man fuel :)

Biggest advantage about the leaf blower setup is the sheer volume you can run but not much use outside of vic n wa i hope they go well mate. Ill be back up qld soon and may need one

Hello Golddigg ,

I've been trying some new ideas to speedup the processing , changing the internals & the way it empties the lights & even the shape of the shell .

Besides using gravity I have now fitted an adjustable clunking system that works like someone hitting the bottom with a hammer 4 times a revolution or every 1.3 seconds ,
the idea is the send a violent shutter through the material or set it to be a more gentle vibration depending on the type of dirt being run .

In the end I'd like a light hand cranked machine that run material reasonable fast ' be super efficient ' work wet & dry & be able to set up & ready to go in under 20 seconds :)

If you can think of anything you would like in a unit please let me know as I'd appreciate your input .

Cheers .

That clunker sounds good you'll have to play with it a bit to make sure it doesnt mate gold come up. Like when you hit the top of a gold pan to make the gold come up. But i reckon thats a great way to get gold to settle.

Maybe you could add a drain plug so you can pull your takings without emptying out the whole thing? Would be a good way to test your thumper too.

G0lddigg@ said:
That clunker sounds good you'll have to play with it a bit to make sure it doesnt mate gold come up. Like when you hit the top of a gold pan to make the gold come up. But i reckon thats a great way to get gold to settle.

Maybe you could add a drain plug so you can pull your takings without emptying out the whole thing? Would be a good way to test your thumper too.

You think like me Golddigg :D I know exactly what your talking about with tapping a pan with the way you hold it to where you do the tapping , I've got the inertia clunker working the right way so as to drop the heavies to where they can easily be extracted via a trap door for less then one pans worth of material even if a hundred buckets had been run through .

What I do is test every change of design with tiny bits to picker sized bits of lead , I count them out then spread them through a couple of buckets of material before running it through , then pan off the small amount of heavy material left & recount the lead ' if there are any missing I go looking till I find them & then the fun part of figuring out how they escaped so I can improve the design .

Baldy ' thanks , good to hear you find the subject interesting :)

Hey Outback and Golddigg,

You two have two different types of dry gold concentrators.
Have you got any pictures for all to see?
It's getting close to the dryer time of the year.

Uncle Bob said:

Can't speak for Golddigg but I've got my new design working with speed & efficiency .
The internal components are all set at certain angles & separation with bottom clearance for best performance as is the shape of the shell & set up angle , plus the adjustable clunker vibration system , all this effort will just be copied the moment I release one .

I've looked into patents & the costs to defend ' imposable for the average bloke to do .
Only option is get it mass produced overseas cheap or just use one myself to find heaps of gold :8

Two years of hard development , expenses & countless hours stifled probably 8.(

Outback said:
Uncle Bob said:

Can't speak for Golddigg but I've got my new design working with speed & efficiency .
The internal components are all set at certain angles & separation with bottom clearance for best performance as is the shape of the shell & set up angle , plus the adjustable clunker vibration system , all this effort will just be copied the moment I release one .

I've looked into patents & the costs to defend ' imposable for the average bloke to do .
Only option is get it mass produced overseas cheap or just use one myself to find heaps of gold :8

Two years of hard development , expenses & countless hours stifled probably 8.(

Hey Outback ! I think if you managed to find the financial backup for your device development the first option "get it mass produced overseas cheap " would be a reality and profitable for you and every possible customer would be happy to get one !

Sure copycats are waiting for getting one to duplicate , but mate don't get burned out , because as the saying goes; if there is a will, there is a way.
By the way what did you intend to call it? Cheers and Good luck mate :)

Hi Geo2 ,
Sorry for the late reply , have been using it this season to get a better gold return then any other methods I know ! :D

Now looking for a financial backer as my own efforts to get it manufactured have hit a wall regarding doing it on the cheap .
Until that happens I'll just keep fine tuning it .

The name I'll call it is still open .

That is a very kind offer Outback.
I am in Tathra, Near Bega South Coast NSW

How about the "Outback Gold Winder" ?
Have you considered approaching a local or nearby fabrication company to set up an agreement with them to manufacture with a profit percentage or royalty to you on sales?

Latest posts