Best place to get blank ring settings for cut stones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone knows of a good website or place to get blank ring settings so you can put your cut stones into them as gifts.

Trying to get on the Boss's, I mean the wife, I mean my partners good side with my hobby....LOL :)

Dan

Also check with your local lapidary club. They have or can cast a host of models if they have a few silver working members. They may also have connections with manufacturers in Thailand and elsewhere. Plus, if you're lucky, the experience to set the stone for you. This is all true for my lapidary club, but your mileage may vary.

Piep said:
Also check with your local lapidary club. They have or can cast a host of models if they have a few silver working members. They may also have connections with manufacturers in Thailand and elsewhere. Plus, if you're lucky, the experience to set the stone for you. This is all true for my lapidary club, but your mileage may vary.

Yep, saw our club members do that for the first time the other weekend. It isn't actually that difficult and a whole bunch can be produced from the one cast.

Mate to be honest if you have a decent stone worth setting I'd be speaking to a Jeweller who makes their own stuff, my friend got some Diamonds set as ear studs, they were 1/2 ct matched stones, was $300 to have them set in Gold and they look great.

It might cost a bit more but well worth it in my opinion. Will be doing the same with a pair of Sapphs when they come back from cutting. A nice pair of natural 1/2ct Sapphire studs can fetch up to $2000 for the right colour and cut.

Latest posts