Best find for the weekend!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1390179738__dsc0008.jpg

I am pretty sure it is an Aquamarine stone 10mm edge to edge and 13mm corner to corner! Set in .925 Silver. Still have to get it checked out at the local jeweller.

Joshwasere said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1861/1390179738__dsc0008.jpg

I am pretty sure it is an Aquamarine stone 10mm edge to edge and 13mm corner to corner! Set in .925 Silver. Still have to get it checked out at the local jeweller.

That is special! beautiful colour........nice find Joshwashere. :)

I picked up a ring at the beach before Christmas. Finally prised it out of the wife's vice like grip over the weekend to take a picture, wish I had a decent camera............and like you I need to get a jeweller to check it out.

Very old setting by the look of it. No stamping anywhere, but the stones look promising. It could still end up being paste. It was about 400mm deep through 3 layers of sand / old weed / sand .... above the high water mark near dunes.

1390182124_ring1.jpg

1390182168_ring2.jpg

Looks real enough tis a real beauty. I found a ring just after chrissy and it had no marks too but Im sure its white Gold.
That stone looks real to me mate even in thse photos that diamond pops!

Very nice finds.
Can I play Devils advocate and ask whether anyone on the forum hands in their finds to the local Police station for those who may have reported the lost item?
I'm not referring to coins and such, but if you lost your wedding ring, engagement ring or any other item of sentimental value, would you just claim it on insurance or rather have it returned to you?
There are laws regarding the finding of items, jewellery handed in is yours if unclaimed after 90 days.(may differ by state)

Mmmm finding stuff and handing it in?

Chances are if I lost something and I needed it back I would place an ad in lost n found or plaster messages on social networking sites. I dont think I would contact the local Police Station???

Interesting point though. I will embellish the concept for thought.

If I were to find a car running at the beach without a Driver could I claim that car? What about a push bike leaning up against a fence, it has been there for 2 days now? What about a piece of jewellery that someone has lost?

Is there a difference between what someone has left or lost???

Sure as hell if I find a 5kg nugget that has "fallen" from someones pocket in the gold fields I wont be handing it in....hahaha Imagine the Lost and found advertisement! Found 5 kg gold nugget in the Beechworth area, to claim please call me on 1800 not likely.

Cheers!

Latest posts