beachworth finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all went up to Beechworth on Sunday for a day trip with my high banker ran for seven hours. me and my dad on the shoves had a good day found some good gems and gold found a good picker to. Also I want to say thanks to gold rat for the dream mat it works better than a dream for sure cant wait for me and my dad two be running both sluices with dream mat dad just got a few more modifications to go before that happens though . thanks ffg

1490776893_gold_rat_.jpg

1490777862_gold_rat_2.jpg

I have found a few that look like those clear ones in the pic, I always thought they were just water worn bits of glass. what are they?
Nice score FFG btw :Y:

Wouldnt it be sad if they where big diamonds.... :eek:
I know they are not but very interesting indeed.
I am thinking of getting some lapidary gear and start polishing and cutting stones.
Well Done on the AU also.

Cheers
Brad.....

Hi all been busy so haven't had time to reply. the gems are mainly smokey quartz and I got told buy a old bloke I met that the clear one on the right hand side could be topaz and the rest are just tumbled quartz crystal I think but I'm going to take them to bendigo gem show and ask around.

Fishing for gold,

I take it that you are trialing the tread deck material above the dream mat different ways around. Will it matter either way? I'm not into high banking but was just wandering.

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Fishing for gold,

I take it that you are trialing the tread deck material above the dream mat different ways around. Will it matter either way? I'm not into high banking but was just wandering.

Cheers

Doug
In the 3rd photo the mesh is in the wrong way,the slope in the mesh needs to face the outlet end of the sluice.Pretty sure it will clog up that way.Bankers look great though,did you make them yourselves?

Hi all thanks for the comments just thought I'd try it this way and then change it around the other way if it catches to much and mine in red tape is not home built but I have added my own touches to it my dads is home made but just had to use sluiceys legs for it as all we had.
Thanks ffg

Latest posts