Beach metal detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim said:
There's an MD3080 on fleabay worldwide in the UK at the moment Chase-$200 all up, brand new. Search "Altai treasure seeker" if u'r interested. They're already optimised for the wet-like I said, just won't see the super-small stuff in the dry, but do discriminate well.
Now I know the name of mine Tim, mines gone chattery over time, but, I found heaps with it above and below water, and well away from the sea too when it was still in top form, I am finding stuff that it missed inland though when I'm redoing the ground with the Ace ,... but I can't go swimming with an Ace.
I paid just over the $300 Australian for mine when I bought it from a detector shop over the phone from Victoria ,... it paid for itself and the Ace250 in short order, but lots of sweat and digging to do that. :D

Hi Chase
i have garrett infinium and love it for the beach, wet or dry sand it is great but be prepared to dig deep for bobby pins, sparklers etc, i got mine cheap second hand so keep a look out, what ever you decide i am sure one will pop up sooner or later

On a side note, good to see you back Tim, haven't seen you about on here of late
cheers
Jamie

Hi Upside,

I bought a Minelab X-Terra 705 dual pack in January this year from Ananconda and am very happy with it. The dual pack includes a round coil for beach and treasure hunting and a DD coil for gold hunting. Mine cost $599 and I saw last week that Anaconda had an Easter sale on it again for $649. They seem to have it on special quite regularly.

Team it with a good waterproof pinpointer. Nenad at Phase Technical has the new rechargeable Deteknix Wader Pro for $190 and it is now waterproof to 60 metres which is slightly deeper than I ever intend to be hunting. With these 2 you still have change from your $1000.

Good Luck!!

Troutman said:
Hi Upside,

I bought a Minelab X-Terra 705 dual pack in January this year from Ananconda and am very happy with it. The dual pack includes a round coil for beach and treasure hunting and a DD coil for gold hunting. Mine cost $599 and I saw last week that Anaconda had an Easter sale on it again for $649. They seem to have it on special quite regularly.

Team it with a good waterproof pinpointer. Nenad at Phase Technical has the new rechargeable Deteknix Wader Pro for $190 and it is now waterproof to 60 metres which is slightly deeper than I ever intend to be hunting. With these 2 you still have change from your $1000.

Good Luck!!

Have ordered a pin pointer from Nenad a couple of days ago so looking forward to that !

Im heading to Anaconda right now :) hopefully the good ole easter sales have extended :D

The Makro Racer 2 from Nenad also works pretty good on the beach, including on the wet sand - comes in at under a grand. He did have a package that included the detector with a free pinpointer, not sure whether that still stands.

Back from Anaconda. Bought the X Terra 705 gold pack. No sale sadly so 748 dollars. Kinda feels like a toy compared to the 4500.

I'll add I could have spent ages in that shop. Great stuff. Tents are a bargain there! :Y:

Danny13 said:
The Latter CTX models are fully waterproof :)

I beg to differ Danny. As it comes out of the box the CTX has a wireless module for the headphones and this is not waterproof. You can remove the wireless module and use the supplied plug to cover the headphone connection port. Now you have a waterproof detector but can only use the built in speaker. You must by waterproof headphones if you want that option. Just saying.

Similarly, The Deus remote is not waterproof but you can buy a kit with a waterproof bag for the remote and waterproof ear buds.

Latest posts