Be careful what shoes you wear!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a post on our forum for the newbies to bring the hazards to their attention as well as hints/suggestions/remedies to deal with these hazards (snakes, spiders, pigs, cave ins etc)? I'm sure besides common sense, additional info would be extremely handy.

This thread definitely makes me feel better, my first time out, me and my mate dug a 6" hole to the bedrock, we stood around it for a good 5 minutes wondering where the signal was coming from until we looked at our boots.

Guilty as Charged :eek:

I found Keens sneakers good as they have good grip are waterproof and best of all,

No Boodly Metal!!!

Regards Dal

All I can say is that steel caps and an ACE250 make an awesome team, doesn't matter at all !
The targets keep coming in by the thousands !!! (watch on and all).

Lol guilty of all but the wedding ring scenario and that's only coz I haven't found a women who'll put up with me.

I remember the first time I went prospecting with steel capped boots.
I realized they were setting off the detector but blamed it on the stupid minelab detectors shaft being too short. Didn't occur to me at the time a change of shoes would be the immediate solution. :rolleyes:

As for gum boots make sure you tuck your pants over them to keep the dirt and potential targets out! Might be common sense but I had a great time detecting a piece of lead that had somehow fallen in my gum boot while i was searching a target :8 Gum boots are still my choice for covering all bases (snake proof, water proof, metal free) and cheap to replace. Only downside is they chew up your feet.

Yep, also guilty first time out at Clermont thought I had everything right, yeah right.
Wore my Redbacks from work figured it out fairly quick, the mongrel was that I had to go to Emerald to get somethin that fit, size 13 and all :D

Colmaca said:
:8 I was wearing thongs today :) it was sort of hard work

Watch those snakes mate this time of year with the thongs. Have your little 'pinky' latched onto by a brown & you'll know all about it. :eek:

BumbleB said:
Colmaca said:
:8 I was wearing thongs today :) it was sort of hard work

Watch those snakes mate this time of year with the thongs. Have your little 'pinky' latched onto by a brown & you'll know all about it. :eek:

@ hot for snakes 42 C they are hiding :) I did find gold :)

Latest posts