Bathurst

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grubstake said:
aussiefarmer said:
Good race :Y: , i am well and truly sick of skaife talking over the top of radio msgs and the other commentators, they must be gentlemen to hold back from telling him to shut up. Imo.
Great call not to put saftey car out with 1.5 laps to go :Y:

You're not wrong. :mad:

Then there's the constant, ill-timed cutaways from the racing action to show us the boring team members in the pits. The coverage has gone downhill badly from the days when the drivers were the stars and we got live comments from Brockie, Johnson, Moffat and the rest, as they were actually racing!

Could that be a channel 10 v 7 thing?
I remember the first days of car cam etc, and channel 7 always televised it

isolation said:
Bjay said:
isolation said:
Well good to see a Holden won anyway :)
Well the Holden badge won . :Y:

Yeah end of an era I guess, a few changes announced for next year.
I guess it'll be back to the days of varied makes running different engines and some having to be handicapped to make the rest competitive( the old gtr days) but I think we'll all still be almost just as enthusiastic (as to me anyway)it's about the race not just models of cars. First time in years I've watched the whole race as I've been layed up with a greens voter stuck to my butt(man they hurt) :eek:

Bjay said:
isolation said:
Bjay said:
isolation said:
Well good to see a Holden won anyway :)
Well the Holden badge won . :Y:

Yeah end of an era I guess, a few changes announced for next year.
I guess it'll be back to the days of varied makes running different engines and some having to be handicapped to make the rest competitive( the old gtr days) but I think we'll all still be almost just as enthusiastic (as to me anyway)it's about the race not just models of cars. First time in years I've watched the whole race as I've been layed up with a pollitition stuck to my butt(man they hurt) :eek:

I wish it would go back to production cars like back in the old days, newer production cars have never been so good with braking, stability and power, would make a great race to see which would win. It was more ablout motoring then than individual drivers, although the drivers were always the stars it was still more about motoring.

Yep production cars would be good :Y: i can see it now , the lane diversion warning beeping , the anti collision braking going into melt down and 7 airbags exploding when somebody gave you a luv tap :lol:
It sure help the motor companies find bugs in the components before the general public had issues.

aussiefarmer said:
Yep production cars would be good :Y: i can see it now , the lane diversion warning beeping , the anti collision braking going into melt down and 7 airbags exploding when somebody gave you a luv tap :lol:
It sure help the motor companies find bugs in the components before the general public had issues.

...and we're getting pretty close to driverless cars too! :lol:

aussiefarmer said:

Always the realist, you're very good at keeping things in perspective AF. :D

I wish they could run them straight out the factory , just weld a cage in :Y: it would push the V8 market again .
The amount of tech junk in new cars these days :rolleyes: that isnt necessary to flog it around a track is amazing , if they took it out it wouldnt be a fair representation of the cars , so they would need to leave it all in atleast they could defog the winscreen :lol: and crank the aircon up ;) .

GaryO said:
Looking forward to the new super ute series next year.

http://www.supercars.com/superutes/
That looks good, but I wish they didn't all have their engines controlled to make the same power and if they all had factory gearboxes that would be good too.
Maybe the factory gearbox just couldn't handle the strain though, but it would show who makes a better vehicle, which was the intent of the first Bathurst races.

I completely lost interest in racing a long time ago as the car you buy has only one part the same as the race car..... the badge.

Super Cars is a buisness..with only 28 liciences..28 cars..They don't want competition, they want total control..If you don't have a license you can't play..That's why we will never have production based Cars again..Sadly..It's what The punters want but we don't own the business..They also bought a big share of the GT class..which they see as real competition..So no GT!s at Bathurst..They don't like competition..

Latest posts