Barraba, nsw, fossickers way

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmeroz

Aaron
Reaction score
Only just got here a couple of hours ago for a few day playing around in the dirt and creeks..
1382164045_img_20131019_172411.jpg

Started to have a look around and I saw this tree I thought id have a dig under. It looked like a good place to start. Can you spot what was guarding the tree?
1382164149_img_20131019_172519.jpg

1382164183_img_20131019_172442.jpg

Made my heart jump a beat. It didnt even mind the noise we were making and just stayed there a bit. Once he moved on after a pan or two I had a little dig under there and got a few little specs of color. I knew he was hiding / guarding something....

More pics to follow..

Nice going. Nothing wrong with them fellows. Except when the kids are swimming in the dam.
Hope you enjoy your stay and are able to pay your way in finds. :)

The red bellies are pretty timid, and will always get out of your way. They're a bit sluggish at the moment as the days are still on the coolish side. Just avoid actually "stepping" on them...They're as scared of you as you are of them. ;)

Cheers Wal.

browns and tiger snakes are different very aggressive snakes been chased by them not nice :eek:

I am not too fond of snakes but I have a huge amount of respect for them, after all, we're playing in their backyard.

Just got back from another day down there. The same snake was in the same spot but 10 meters downstreem. It stayed with us all day in the water. We just kept an eye on it. There are heaps of yabbies in there so id say he was stalking some food.
I was suprised he stayed in the water for the full 8 hours. The water was nice and not cold at all. He must be use to it.

Got a little color but not heaps.
More photos to come but they are on the big camera and dont have laptop here.

The main thing I got today was some sunburn :( (and a stiff back)

Latest posts