Banjo Pan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really happy with my purchase I bought the green banjo pen it is made out of really cheap and fin plastic used it once and noticed that it had a crack in it I think I'm just going to stick to the standard tried and tested Gold pan

I carry a bunch of different pans with me in the field, but I reckon nothing beats an tradional big old steel pan if you use it right. But maybe I'm hardcore old school.

There a gimick... does work but not very practical...just use a plan pan or little sluice....just being honest.

Parko said:
I carry a bunch of different pans with me in the field, but I reckon nothing beats an tradional big old steel pan if you use it right. But maybe I'm hardcore old school.
If it wasn't for the clanging and banging giving away position, I'd still be using my steel one too. I found a lot of gold with the ol single lip! And its fun burning them on the fire to get them dark. I use it mostly up in the GT

I've had the Banjo Pan for a couple months & think its alright, easy to use & doe's a good job, & along with the Garrett Super Sluice pan they are a pretty good combo, I would like the Banjo to be slightly larger overall though. I've put some decent size rocks into mine & its sting going well, got it from the Gold Exchange shop in Ballarat for $60. Cordell still had some left when I was there a couple days ago, had a couple blue & some green & pink.

Thanks for the input guys, would like to try one but hey.....I love my garrett gold pan, like Parko say's.....'Old School'

Latest posts