Balxie's Gold Adventures videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PaulFritz said:
So are you use a hand pump to remove gravels? Isn't this a very very low from of dredging by using a vacuum to remove gravels?

As you said. It is a hand pump, powered by hand just like shovel. :)

Yes but is it technically mechanical? Same action as a dredge but much smaller scale or material that it moves?

PaulFritz said:
Yes but is it technically mechanical? Same action as a dredge but much smaller scale or material that it moves?

No

The govt department said we must use the small hand powered pump to suck up gravel and gold otherwise we are in trouble

WE MUST RESCUE THE GOLD NUGGETS BEFORE THEY GET WET

If i leave any gold in the creek i will feel very very bad

dis is bad ting

PaulFritz said:

If i bend over and suck gravel through my nose , this is also permitted

It is manual method you see with no engine

it has a moving part , my finger which i use to stick inside the other nostril

unfortunately people accuse me of picking my nose but hey........ cant please all the people all the time and its quite easy to distinguish between green nuggets and gold nuggets once they are in the pan

Beagleboy said:
PaulFritz said:
So are you use a hand pump to remove gravels? Isn't this a very very low from of dredging by using a vacuum to remove gravels?

As you said. It is a hand pump, powered by hand just like shovel. :)

and it is a simple single action device ..... a shovel utilises mechanical advantage, that of a lever to perform it's work - it is a simple machine as well.

casper

PaulFritz said:
The law in Victoria is very vague on this one and you will have to decide for yourself if you want to use one. This has been covered in many threads before always with the same non result. I think they are brilliant and to call it "dredging" at any level will simply give some greenie the green light to make sure they are addressed in the next review of laws even though they have way less impact than even a shovel.

Balx said:
PaulFritz said:
The law in Victoria is very vague on this one and you will have to decide for yourself if you want to use one. This has been covered in many threads before always with the same non result. I think they are brilliant and to call it "dredging" at any level will simply give some greenie the green light to make sure they are addressed in the next review of laws even though they have way less impact than even a shovel.

I see no harm from yabbie pumps whatsoever yet PaulFritz seems to be pushing an argument that they should be banned

and for the record , if i reach down and scoop up a handful of gravel with my hand , technically that process has several moving mechanical parts , my shoulder , elbow , wrist and all the bones in between.

:/

PaulFritz said:

definition of mechanical

operated by a machine or machinery.
"a mechanical device"

Looks like a great little spot there mate, ...and how challenging is that flour gold. Hope mum doesn't see the vid, because if she does she'll be putting a lock on the shed. :D

Cheers Wal.

Oh yer great ending. Very nice work. I'm glad there's so many guys willing to put it all together to share it on here, fantastic inspiration. Sometimes a few minutes of video can be as helpful an entertaining as as fifty separate posts, looks like a great time in a great spot, can't wait to see the next golden adventure. Thanks for an awesom :D e share.

Good stuff mate.
Always enjoy the vids.
Good to see ya getting nice colours.
Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts