Ballarat Area Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tricky Dick said:
There's definitely BIG gold here...
39.280529S, 145.226901E

I do believe that esso have already staked this claim albeit nat gas.
On a more serious note I am still looking for a spec just need to read all of the info on the forum have a chuckle and get out there.

My 2c worth.

Marty

As Jaros said, your pretty safe seeing that your a male and non Scandinavian.
My mistake ;)

Hello and thank you for reading this. I am ill with Cancer and if I have a good Spring and Summer here in the UK, then I hope to be well enough to come out to Australia in October/November while I still can.

I have cousins in the Melbourne area and across in Perth, my plan is to visit Melbourne and then while there get a Ute and a camping cabin in the Ballarat area and do some prospecting, having organised the paper work and detectors.

I have my own MD's here in the UK and presently building a couple of PI units.

So my main questions are this:

Is there a prospecting group in the Ballarat area that may be able to help me? I will be happy to be guided by helping hands.

My problems being that I do not know the area, the protocols and distances etc.

Any and all information will be happy read and digested.

Thank you.

Ken

G'day mate, what's happening over in Pommy land?, :)
the link attached below is the rules and regulations outlining prospecting in Victoria,
You should have no trouble picking up an old dunnga (ute) and a big comfy swag (camping cabin)
You can also hire detectors over here, there are some prospecting stores and other private gold tour groups, who can take you on guided tours of the goldfields, which I would highly recomend for anyone coming from overseas that intends on spending time in the bush, these tours are a good way to find some gold and be made aware of the dangers associated with the Aussie bush.
For example, open mine shafts, snakes, spiders, drop bears, and yobskins,
Anyways, best of luck to you, your health and prospecting, have a good goork through this forum mate, heaps of info at your finger tips, and ave a pint of Ale on me :D

http://www.energyandresources.vic.gov.au/earth-resources/recreational-prospecting-and-fossicking

We had a sunny day but cold about 6 outside. Thank you for the info, I have all of our spring and summer to sort out a plan and do timings etc. Appreciate your contact I will look and note the salient points. Kenny.

Hi, looking for a metal detecting partner for either next Saturday 28th or Sunday 29th March (or both).

Somewhere in the Ballarat area would be good. I don't have transport but happy to meet at Ballarat train station or will chip in for fuel if coming through Bacchus Marsh.

PM me if interested.

AU

Latest posts