Australia Post COD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just sold the wifes 45 on gumtree and the purchaser wanted it sent COD, I was a bit stand off first but after making a few enquiries its not a bad way to buy or sell, it gives the buyer a guarantee that at least an item is arriving before he pays the price, however I did get a $200 deposit to ensure the sale was fair dinkum. Not sure if they allow the buyer to inspect/open the parcel before they pay but this type of sale seem to give a bit more buyer satisfaction to the sale, no probs doing it again as long as theres a deposit there, phill

Its a bad way to sell, a good way to buy......dont deal with gumtree fullstop is my advice.

Hopefully you just havent sold your 45k for $200

There is vey good reason why any astute online seller will NEVER release goods until payment is received in full.

Meta

Hllo meta, think your missing the point, you pay a collecting fee to aus post, think it was $18 and they don't release the goods till they get the cash at the p.o then they send you a money order, is this not foolproof or is there a reason this isn't good, phill
Maybe I should have stated in the original post its Australia Post COD, not just sending it through the mail to somebodies address,

I think your money will be safe D2.. I have used cod in the past with no probs.. they sign for the goods, pay the money and then receive the parcel.. you receive the payment in the mail and cash it at the post office...as long as he paid the fees for the cod service I cant see you going wrong... :)

I dont think the buyer, can open the box before payment. Would be good, a hassle for aust post though. You could, in theory send anything, the same weight, and size, in the box.

rocketaroo said:
I dont think the buyer, can open the box before payment. Would be good, a hassle for aust post though. You could, in theory send anything, the same weight, and size, in the box.
I bought several this way and on one occasion I opened the box prior to paying.
One good thing with COD u can only pay with cash or real account money and not via a credit card . Least you know it cant bounce :)

Latest posts