AtomRats Detector Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops double post - mods please delete one :8

HoudiniHarry - the chemicals should only be manganese dioxide, zinc and carbon rod, with potassium hydroxide as electrolyte, no different from many bateries today still, not too dangerous unless youre eating them :lol:

Usually its only a carbon rod and manganese left, the zinc must fall off or eat away. Some must have a tiny bit of charge if tgey are wet and contain a salt of any sort to help conduct a current through though. Ill try on some of the better cells

numpty said:
the river looks nice up your way, its like soup when it gets near me, :)
Dont you be blaming it on our upstreamers fibres and floaters now :lol:
I still wouldnt drink it but mate up here, people have died just from swimming in it before, but probably very low immune systems id gather, unless they were super bugs

People died from swimming in it? :eek: I tell people that about swimming in Narrabeen Lakes :lol: :lol:
Is there any trout in there AR?

B5 - Heaps of trout, probably better off asking Albundy about what fish are in there though

Albundy - stumbled across my old pair that have soles as holey as my golf pants ( but ive only got a hole in one ). I dont walk in that one withought something on my feet too often lol 8) Was a quick escape before the daunting present wrapping... why do they make rolls that run out on you 2" too short...

AtomRat said:
B5 - Heaps of trout, probably better off asking Albundy about what fish are in there though

Albundy - stumbled across my old pair that have soles as holey as my golf pants ( but ive only got a hole in one ). I dont walk in that one withought something on my feet too often lol 8) Was a quick escape before the daunting present wrapping... why do they make rolls that run out on you 2" too short...
Yep footwear is must there. I got about 10% through pressie wrapping and then realised I'm NO good at it.

B5MECH said:
Nice, I'm glad you guys don't have carp down there :mad: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Na mate we got plenty of carp down here. Mainly where the river starts to flatten out and gets dirty.
1482386314_image.jpg

By the way that's not my skinny leg but it's my carp lol. I don't like touching the filthy things.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mad: damn them buggers are everywhere, that's a cracker though 8)
I hate carp, they ruined my first trout fishing trip when I was younger, just the mention of carp makes me hide my fishing gear now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Albundy said:
B5MECH said:
Nice, I'm glad you guys don't have carp down there :mad: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Na mate we got plenty of carp down here. Mainly where the river starts to flatten out and gets dirty.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8847/1482386314_image.jpg

By the way that's not my skinny leg but it's my carp lol. I don't like touching the filthy things.

They make excellent fertiliser.

Amazing, I remember when living in Canberra a public servant brought out a cook book on Carp an it sold out in days. Carp are a delicacy in Europe and England.
Just south of Yass was a prime Carp capture area.
Just sayin
Mackka

Latest posts