AtomRats Detector Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AtomRat said:
Does anyone have any info on the ammunition we found today? I've been told most likely blanks, but any clues? Army issue?

black plastic one is a blank and probably 7.62x51 used in the SLR..... for army training in war games .

it would have had an aluminium base that held the primer but most of it has corroded and long gone.

Managed to fit in some swinging today while the car was getting looked at.. (..don't even ask.. 8.( ..) Took me bloody ages again to get onto a patch, swinging ground I've detected a few times before until finally some coins started to show and a three pence (1943) down an old track I hadnt seen before.

1477367961_14773677110001.jpg

1477367985_14773677205252.jpg

1477368014_14773676923640.jpg

8) Lookin like an old swimming hole spot from here ,.... now imagine how far away from the water you would go to get changed if you were one for a bit of privacy, thats where some good drops should lay. ;) ;) 8)
got your ears on there for the thrippy aye ! :D

Wow cool pic, its kind of similar in a way. It could have been been a remains of a cobb & co, but from what I know it was a farm dump..but has been rather mixed. I only dug this as the tree made one hell of a mess and the bricks.
The signal under the ace 250 just sounded like a mess. Jumping between iron and a solid tone that kept breaking until I dug some and zeroed in on the first brass end which was clear. The rest was just digging / excavating.. at first I thouggt it was one of them big sythes with a cool design but it still wouldn't budge :lol:

I've dug all sort of random stuff, but the lifting of the tree has shown me the true depth things are buried here, and no wonder why I've never had the best luck. Some shivel heads, bits of cars and a saw button..some bullets.. typical farm type trash

Ah the brass end would have sung nicley, I think it would have been a passenger wagon going on the size of the hub.
I used that pick cause it was colourfull
1477651553_gipsy_caravan_fishers_farm_-_geograph.org.uk_-_238741.jpg

more this size wagon, pity there's no such thing as a wood detector :lol: :lol:

Latest posts