Around the parks with the Ace250

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'49 half penny for my 2 hour effort this arvo
1458978616_image.jpeg

A little disappointed i couldnt find that elusive threepence for you Silver :(
It is reassuring though ... Knowing my first hunt was very thorough

Well, thankfully it was at least a thrippy, I don't feel quite as bad now (ha). :lol:
Looking nice too, only the high points worn away, lots of visible detail still there ! :D

My ACE250 is yet to find any coins, but I need to put more time in.

Can I ask a favor? What distance do you get on a sixpence? (Air test)

darkfibre said:
My ACE250 is yet to find any coins, but I need to put more time in.

Can I ask a favor? What distance do you get on a sixpence? (Air test)

To be honest df , i have no idea
Ive never tried
I dont think it matters at all anyway
When ever you go out detecting.... You decide on the area your gonna go , and can only find what is there (within the ability of the detector) to find.
2 contradictory things to consider :
1)if an area produces good finds, you may want something that can search deeper for potentialy older finds
2)if your research indicates an area SHOULD hold targets, and you get no results , possibly things are deeper and again may want something that can search deeper

The Ace250 is not the greatest detector by any means ...BUT , generally ,it is perfectly capable of finding all the same targets that any other detector can find ( within its designed capabilities)

Like Silver suggested ... Read through both threads
You will see we (and others) have done alright with our machines
In fact ... We have probably found more ring pulls and bottle tops than anyone else :lol:

One does tend to dig a little scrap and rubbish in the wild and frantic pursuit of the odd elusive silver coin or two ! :lol:

The question about depth on a sixpence had nothing to do with my lack of success, it was more to see if my ACE was performing as expected.

A friend and I have been tinkering with a 'kit' detector and set it up with the ACE250 coil.

My ACE250 gets around 11cm on a sixpence, but the other detector gets it at 16cm with the same ACE250 coil.

So I was wondering if 11cm was normal.

C.

Latest posts