Anzac Weekend Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well packed up the family the camper trailer and the detectors and off we went. Finally got the wife to come onto the gold fields, now that the kids are older, and we all had a ball. Wife got her first piece of gold with the SDC and then quite a few pieces for 6.7 grams. I called her and the kids over as I had a faint reverse signal and just over 2 foot later my wife spots a gold colour in the bottom of the hole, lucky as I was about to bury the crow bar into the hole again. Now I have dug some deep nuggies with the Z and we put the SDC down the hole with maybe 9 inches to go and thought this piece was going to maybe be 1/2 ounce but we quickly realised it was on it's edge and out of the hole came a 41 grammer this little patch was producing the goods. The kids helped me dig holes and find them in the bottom of the hole for me with their pointers. Really loving the Z, this thing is just rediculous getting 0.1 gram nuggies and then punching deep all with the one coil.
1461976450_20160426_163706.jpg

The wifes GOLD.
1461976495_20160424_113957.jpg

The big one, and the hole it came from. The first decent piece the wife has seen come out of the ground. She has claimed it for her and now she wants a detector that can find the big ones down deep.