Anyone tried or using SS300 headphones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Need to upgrade the koss UR-30's as they have a broken wire in the lead. (Only bought them in September last year) Read most of the threads here about what are some better headphones but just curious if anyone is using SS300 headphones.

I can't find a lot of reviews about them but the owner states that they are "Sharper and more sensitive than any other headphones on the market". On the SS 300 Headphones facebook page Corey Mathews says "As a full time prospector and guide I wouldn't used any thing else highly recommend these headphone"

The only specs I can see mentioned are these: "300ohms very sensative on small and deeper targets. The housings are based on the RPG headphones the internals have been stripped out and rebuilt.They use a non magnetic driver all electronic this what makes them very sensative"

I thought i read somewhere that headphones with 150ohms were best suited for the GPX range but could have miss understood. Im currently using a Gpx4500 with Elite 14' and 18' coils most of the time.

Id really like to upgrade to some decent headphones but a bit unsure if these are a good choice. Last time i asked they were $215 delivered. So not as dear as some headphones others here are using but dearer than a basic pair of detecting headphones

I have tried them.
The bloke who makes them, Greg, showed me around one of his patches, He was using an SDC, I was using a 4500,(with 11"DD). Greg picked up a signal with his SDC and called me over, I couldnt pick it up, he put the ss300,s on to my machine, and I still couldnt hear it.
After he dug it, he placed a small nugget on the ground, I ran over it and got a good signal, then put the ss300,s onto my machine, and ran over it again. There was a noticeable difference, ss300,s were much louder and sharper than the standard Koss phones.
I would like a pair myself, but need another coil 1st.
Cheers Dave.

Latest posts