amazing finds ,

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i reckon these two finds from someone on another forum would rate as extremely lucky and amazing anyone seen similar amazing things in our prospecting adventures?
taken from Greg Millers post on prospecting the territory;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
1461013949_greg_miller_prospecting_the_territory_finds.jpg

How bizzare
The bigger nugget i found on saturday it was 14in down
the smaller one i found about 18 months ago about 150m down the slope and it was just under the dust
I bet they where joined at one stage

numpty said:
SCROUNGER said:
blennus said:
Looks like a golden gumleaf.
i immediately thought of stylized fish, but yeah, good call blennus, a true blue golden Aussie gumleaf :lol:

of course you did :lol: :D
Yeah, i can't help myself, sorry! I just have to see any pissie little puddle of water and i think about fish as well :lol: :lol:

Hey Guys its not mine i took it off prospecting northern territory site, i believe its the bloke making the ss headphones everyones raving about

The bigger piece was 5.6 gms.
I walked over the bloody thing twice with the 4500 a couple of days before. Greg makes custom headphones, and took a couple of people out to show them how good they are, he used a Zed and his s300 headphones.

Nice gold. A friend of mine from Dunolly who unfortunately is no longer with us once showed me about 3 ounces of stuff like that which he found somewhere in the NT.

No, 12 oz of all different stuff, from reefy stuff to tiny bits you typiclly find with an sdc.
Biggest he got,(not last year/season) was a 62grammer. He works very hard for his gold, lots of digging and clearing prep.
I can assure you, its not easy up here. I dug for over an hour yesterday for nothing. And its hot work. Not Victoria in summer hot, its a different hot. I drank 3 lt of water in that hour, and was dissorientated for a while, had trouble finding my car, 80m away!
Guess what im trying to say is, there is no easy gold here!

Latest posts